Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

I am used to masks by now, if not for hours.   I just look to maybe getting fun masks, that helps.  Also, during cold season it should be protective.  Especially at gym  not that it will absolutely orevent virus or colds, but it can help  I am in for gloves as well in certain places.  I found some cute gloves of my moms from the 50's ad 60's.  Got compliments to.  What I noticed is I was amazed at the dirt on my gloves when I went to grocery store before we had shelter in place here in California  the gloves got dirty touching things in the store.    I now where museum gloves and toss them after use.  I haven't been out but once sinceMarch 2,

Funny, just this morning the CDC changed its position and says the Coronavirus "does not spread easily" via contaminated surfaces.  Guess those gloves and hords of Clorox wipes were not as necessary as first reported.

I have to wonder what is behind this. Science? Maybe. Politics? Probably. Truth? Who knows. 

I take all the info from all the sources with a grain of salt, mix them together, and add a heaping cup of common sense in my choices and behaviors right now.

Respected Contributor

I have seen people in various stores wearing a mask, pulled down over their nose, and pick up items in the grocery store and put back on shelf.  A lady yesterday in Publix picked up 5 (yes, I counted) rounds of cheese (same kind), and finally settled on one.  Yes, her mask was on but I avoided that section.  So when you preach about the masks and people not wearing them, it is a little off putting with the handling of merchandise.  If you pick it up, you need to buy it is my mantra.  It doesn't make you any better wearing a mask than one not wearing a mask.  

Honored Contributor

The CDC, however, has said that catching the coronavirus from boxes delivered by Amazon or on your takeout food bag is highly unlikely "because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/05/20/coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-surfaces-ob...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I suspect that those who don't wear masks because of medical reasons aren't those people who get up right next to you at the grocery or hardware store.

People that get right up in your face/space are jerks, mask or no mask.

Contributor

Latest news from Alabama:  "If you need an ICU bed, you're in trouble."

This is why we wear masks and are disgusted with those who dont.

Trusted Contributor

If we all could just be good about wearing a mask and keeping our social distancing for a few months it should help a lot!  Could be a big part of our "new normal". 

Why not? Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Amelia98 wrote:

Truth is that hosplitals in Montgomery are running low on beds.  There are other hospitals in Alabama that have the capacity to accept those in need. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Amelia98 wrote:

@Amelia98 :  Where is that from?

Respected Contributor

“As we expand our testing criteria, we’re going to see more positives,” State Health Officer Dr. Karen Landers from Alabama said.

Landers also explained the possible reason Montgomery County hospitals were nearly running out of ICU beds and sending severe COVID-19 patients to Birmingham.

She said with more elective surgeries happening that could be contributing to resources spreading thin. She also said hospitals have what is called a “surge” plan, in case they become overwhelmed, which maps out what area hospitals can take their overflow of cases.

“As you opened up more you were going to see more demand on your beds but with COVID-19 contributing to that obviously it is of concern,” Landers said.  Channel 6 Fox News.

Drama much @Amelia98 .....

Respected Contributor

People who can't wear masks shouldn't be walking around now.  Or they can wear a face shield.  Have people forgotten all their scientific method and statistics courses?

People who won't wear masks are not just jerks, they are potential murderers.