Honored Contributor

Why we copy and past any longer?

This is upsetting.  Is there is a new method of copying and pasting that I don't know about?

Respected Contributor

Re: Why we copy and past any longer?

[ Edited ]

Mousie,

On my computer it is linked to the Control key as well as direct command from clicking on prompts. 

Try control C for copy and control V for pasting.

(Control P is for printing.) 

I don't know if this is just on my computer, but I think it works with Control key for anyone.

Edited to clarify:  you'd select the paragraph or material you want to copy.  After selecting press down CONTROL and c at the same time.  When you come to the post where you want to paste, hit CONTROL and v keys at the same time.

Trusted Contributor

This place is ....

C/P worked for me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any problems, the same as it always has been for me!

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

This is upsetting.  Is there is a new method of copying and pasting that I don't know about?

Copying and pasting still works for me.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I must be flustered because I am making tons of typos.  I have tried all suggestions and nothing works.  When I get to the page I want to paste on, there is no "paste" in the options, just print, etc.  I don't know why this has to be so difficult, the prior forum was easy to navigate.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I must be flustered because I am making tons of typos.  I have tried all suggestions and nothing works.  When I get to the page I want to paste on, there is no "paste" in the options, just print, etc.  I don't know why this has to be so difficult, the prior forum was easy to navigate.

After you copy an image, there are two ways to paste it into the place you want:

Keyboard Shortcut Method

Place your cursor where you want the pasted item to go.

Press and hold the Ctrl key.

While holding the Ctrl key down, press the V key to paste the item into place.

Mouse method for a Windows computer:

Place your cursor where you want the pasted item to go.

Right click on the place where you want the pasted item to go.

Choose Paste from the right-click menu to paste the item into place.

I think the Mouse method also works on a Mac computer, but the last time I owned a Mac computer was 1992 and there was no such thing as a right click.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Mousie, So pressing down the control button and the "v" button at the same time didn't paste the material into the place you wanted it?

I use it when I want to copy and paste but am looking at something (like this Forum) where I don't see a prompt button to push.  Sorry it didn't work.

It turns out these command keys were Windows's copy of the Apple command keys from the 1980s!  But on my computer they still work. 

But I just tried to paste something into this message, a little table about short cut keys. but only one line of it worked and I got a message that it was "an invalid .html", so maybe it would have to be straight text to work here?  I just do trial and error--I wish I was more of a techie.