Respected Contributor

I got a picture Christmas card from my niece.  Her daughters are puckering for the picture.  My brother sends me a text pic of his college aged daughter.  She's puckering in the picture.  I see images online from younger "friends".  Yup, they've got the pucker look.

Why?

Ok..just posted this for fun.  But shouldn't someone be warning them about lip lines??  

Respected Contributor

Fish lips.  It's just a silly fad - they think it makes them look s*xy.   

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Ha ha.  I never think too much about lip lines.  Maybe I should stop kissing my dogs so much!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Kalli   I think that is called the "duck face" and I have no idea why it is so popular.

It may have taken off from "blowing a kiss" but it could be just another trend among the young.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

OP, Perhaps you are looking at the photos with the wrong attitude, maybe they are sending you kisses? Just thought I would throw this view in the mix to lighten your mood.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

It's the stupid Kardashian look.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's pretty vulgar and low class especially for family photos. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why the pucker look?

[ Edited ]

Whenever I see this I think "selfie."  This person takes hundreds and hundreds of selfies.  All the same.  They turn up frequently on shows like Dateline, the victim with many selfie shots of fish lips, 

Honored Contributor

My niece and her friends do that in all their FB pictures.  

I just assumed it was sort of local (WV) thing.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Ha ha.  I never think too much about lip lines.  Maybe I should stop kissing my dogs so much!

Never, no never, it's my FIX  of the day.