Honored Contributor

Re: Why so many easy pays lately? Your Thoughts!

Simple.  They're having to compete with HSN and Evine, both of whom have Easy Pay on everything.  That tells me someone is snapping at Q's heels.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I am a very young 75 yrs of age. I grew up before credit cards - who could believe that??? I was 28 yrs old when I got my 1st credit card (after moving to California from NY) - and I charged very little and paid it off monthly. I HATE owing money.

With credit cards - most people have no self-control --- that's why so many Americans have credit card debt. It's so easy to take out ur card and just swipe it - doesn't feel like real money.

My best friend of 33 years - just passed away at age 61 years old -- I found out that she owed $20,000 on several credit cards. Since we're in California, no one is responsible for paying off her debt - not even her husband since the cards were in her name. I knew she owed money but I didn't know how much. It was startling.

If u can't afford to pay for an item in FULL, especially something that's NOT essential --- RUN, don't WALK.

Do u really need another blouse for $60. with 6 EZ pays??? 

Honored Contributor

Because they can't lose doing this:

-  They don't have to lower prices - they can even (and have) raise(d) prices.

-  If they get more customers using Easy Pay, great.

-  If people over-spend on Easy Pay purchases, if they default and can't pay, QVC will still be raking in the dough off of that - interest rates, penalties, sales to collection agencies - they have bult in all scenarios so they will still make money no matter what happens.

They will only slide if actual buying drops off, and raised prices, s&h and more Easy Pay purchases will make up for even a lot of that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

So many of us....me included....complained about the lack of e-z pays...HSN and Evine Live have e-z pay all the time...I guess the Q figured out that we are shopping elsewhere to get the e-z pay...or they were tired of hearing us complain...lol...I love it...also have their Q. card to get 3 e-z pays all the time...

Respected Contributor

I believe it is to compensate for the ever creeping higher prices. I feel it really can be dangerous for me, since it is hard to keep track on credit card of exactly how much you are charging each month.

At dh request I don't use easy pays, it is too easy to delude myself.

It is a marketing device, in lieu of lowering prices, or even keeping them stable.

A typical blouse with s&h, is over $50, this for polyester. When I buy and bill comes I can see the damage, also we pay balance off monthly, otherwise you are REALLY paying through the nose. The Q Card charges about 27% interest without any rewards, additional easy pays offered are almost unconscionable imo.

Respected Contributor

They "hook" lots of people by saying..."you can get this home for $8.00".....Some people here the low amt & don't think how many months it will last. yes, there is no interest, but when you start racking up several items on easy pay, it STILL adds up to lots of $$$ per month.

Yes, I am very guilty, but try to watch my purchases & how they are spread out. 

Super Contributor

I would rather pay for something and be done with it.  I have only wanted to use easy pay twice - for a Bose and Dell laptop.  I have one more month and then I am done with them.  I accidentally had two clothing items on easy pay when I did speed buy.  I have to be more careful because sometimes it defaults to easy pay and I would rather not have to keep track of it.

Respected Contributor

What is there to wonder about?  It's a sales technique that works for them.  Some of you posting here proves that.  The good part is, you have a choice of payment.  You also have a choice of shopping elsewhere for a better deal instead of settling for payments.  Happy shopping!!  It's a jungle out there.     

Valued Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Why? To attract more people to shop of course. If they really want to increase sales, they should lower their prices.  I just wont pay what they're charging lately for most of their clothing. So all the easy pay in the world wont attract me.

I totally agree with this. I barely buy anything
any more. I was at one time a huge shopper and every few days got a package from QVC.

Now, maybe 4 or 5 times a year.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

You are not really paying $50. for a tank top if you only pay $10. per month for 5 months ! Ehhh--let me get out the calculator ... oopsie!  Smiley Surprised