Honored Contributor

Re: Why must we always be “brave?”

@vsm wrote:

@chrystaltreeI don't think the poster intended meanness or cruelty in any way.  Perhaps she went through something similar, and felt obliged to be brave when she couldn't be.  She would understandably want to spare someone else that burden.  We all have to cut each other some slack in painful situations like this.

Like i said some do know ,and still decided to jump on her, she has had a very tough many months ,she has  many health problems, and on top of those ,she fell broke her hip,hurt her back ,she just started being able to type in on this forum,she has pain in her arm ,and shoulder ,she can not go out without help. So being able to join in again ,was good for her. Have some kindness!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@goldensrbest  Unfortunately, not all of us know the history of the OP (or any other posters).  

Some do ,and still decided to  judge her.

She even apologized and that’s still not good enough for the haters. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@goldensrbest  Unfortunately, not all of us know the history of the OP (or any other posters).  

Some do ,and still decided to  judge her.

She even apologized and that’s still not good enough for the haters. 

Yes,  this mean spirit is catching on every where.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I deleted my post, so here is what i think, the op  has been through lots with her health, perhaps being brave ,can wear on ones nerves,over time ,take  to mind what she has been through.

@goldensrbest 

You’re right, Golden’s, I have internalized too much for this forum.  Perhaps I am not quite ready to post yet, because I’m at the age and level of health when one counts their years left in single digits, if one is lucky.  I’m willing to admit it scares me, and I’m always thinking I should be braver.

again I apologize to all I have offended.

You have no need to apologize to anyone who chooses to be offended by your well-meaning comments.  We all react differently to what life hits us with.  Wishing you well.

Honored Contributor

Alex is used to working, that evidently is his family and what he lives for. The only reason we are hearing about his fate is because he is famous, the rest of us deal with our own tragedies in silence and hopefully are not judged for our choices.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

@Cakers3 wrote:

Alex Trebeck is a well-known person; therefore his announcement and plans to fight AND his asking for prayers would be made public.

We do not know what goes on behind closed doors; I am sure this diagnosis has shaken him and his family to the core.

His upbeat attitude, as a public persona, can give hope to others.  The rest of us who face loved ones with terminal illnesses will always be in the background, hoping for cures, hoping for the best, doing what we can day to day.

"I get knocked down, but I get up again-you're never going to keep me down". -Tubthumping by Chumbawamba

Go get 'em, Alex.Heart

@I agree and that song you quoted has always been my fight song too.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree, No need to apologize to me, my dear.  You have endured so much.  You are a brave lady!  

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Alex Trebek just announced he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  He intends to keep on working and vows to “beat this thing.”  He is being lauded for being “brave.”

In my opinion he should, instead, spend these precious days with his family, who probably haven’t seen much of him in the last 40 years.  Be brave for them, not his TV audience.

BOOOO!!!

There's nothing wrong with being "brave."

If your life sucks and you'd rather just leave, it would be wrong for anyone to actively try to stop you.

If you love your life and your family and friends, you will do all you can to stay here.

I wish Alex all the best and send good thoughts to him. If enough people do that, and send prayers, he may beat this.

I hope he does.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

Alex Trebek just announced he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  He intends to keep on working and vows to “beat this thing.”  He is being lauded for being “brave.”

In my opinion he should, instead, spend these precious days with his family, who probably haven’t seen much of him in the last 40 years.  Be brave for them, not his TV audience.

He should spend every single remaining moment doing exactly what HE wants to do - be it work a few hours a day, etc.  I cannot judge anyone with such a diagnosis.

@Mj12 

PLUS, five episodes are taped each day, with two days of taping every other week. he should still have his time with his family even while working.

hoping his prognosis is good and that his body is strong. pancreatic cancer is not easy to beat. prayers for him and his family......may they all have strength, may they be brave. have always liked and enjoyed alex.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree @You didn’t say anything that you need to apologise about.I think people will always find something to be upset about even with the simple things.I am happy that you are finally feeling well enough to post here again....just going to need to toughen your hide somewhat.Anyhow we all have different thoughts on the way we think we would live if given such a dire diagnosis.I am certain that I would want to spend more time with my family but so far and thankfully it is only my guess as to what I would do.