Honored Contributor

Re: Why must we always be “brave?”

Maybe also for the sake of his family and those who love him he wants to be brave.  Maybe he wants them to know he will give it all he's got. I'm sure he will have his moments.  He is human just like the rest of us.  Some people, have to talk themselves into it or ask God for more courage.  That's what I do.  We are all so different.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I deleted my post, so here is what i think, the op  has been through lots with her health, perhaps being brave ,can wear on ones nerves,over time ,take  to mind what she has been through. We do not want you to stop posting.

@goldensrbest 

You’re right, Golden’s, I have internalized too much for this forum.  Perhaps I am not quite ready to post yet, because I’m at the age and level of health when one counts their years left in single digits, if one is lucky.  I’m willing to admit it scares me, and I’m always thinking I should be braver.

again I apologize to all I have offended.

I do not think ,you honestly need to apologize, my what you have faced with your health,you are brave,we know how these forums can go, some just don't understand .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Mindboggling OP's comments. Having experienced illness one would think she would have thought carefully before such a post. IMO!

@Sweet_Serenity What you said is mind boggling.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Unfortunately, not all of us know the history of the OP (or any other posters).  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Alex Trebek just announced he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  He intends to keep on working and vows to “beat this thing.”  He is being lauded for being “brave.”

In my opinion he should, instead, spend these precious days with his family, who probably haven’t seen much of him in the last 40 years.  Be brave for them, not his TV audience.

@LilacTree   Everyone has their own way with dealing with death and dying.  No one knows how they will react until they hear the final words. We can only say how we might feel, but really until you are given what is a death sentence of sorts.... how one reacts is only known at that time.  

If fighting bravely gives some hope, peace of mind and the ability to go through each day.... then that is good. For some it is being sad and depressed... I do not know what I would do.  I do admire those individuals who can be so brave as to face such a difficult diagnosis with strength.. I think that attitude really will help those around him and all who love him to deal with his illness as well.

Honored Contributor

WOW, do not you all know what she has been going through ,with her health,she did not mean what some of you think she meant.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@goldensrbest  Unfortunately, not all of us know the history of the OP (or any other posters).  

Some do ,and still decided to  judge her.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltreeI don't think the poster intended meanness or cruelty in any way.  Perhaps she went through something similar, and felt obliged to be brave when she couldn't be.  She would understandably want to spare someone else that burden.  We all have to cut each other some slack in painful situations like this.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree : Hosting Jeopardy is not a 5 day, 40 hr workweek.

His diagnosis is a very tough one. I applaud his bravery. He chose to share his life and bring a high profile face to this cancer. G-d bless him and all who suffer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I deleted my post, so here is what i think, the op  has been through lots with her health, perhaps being brave ,can wear on ones nerves,over time ,take  to mind what she has been through.

@goldensrbest 

You’re right, Golden’s, I have internalized too much for this forum.  Perhaps I am not quite ready to post yet, because I’m at the age and level of health when one counts their years left in single digits, if one is lucky.  I’m willing to admit it scares me, and I’m always thinking I should be braver.

again I apologize to all I have offended.

@LilacTreeIt's ok.  Speaking only for me, I'm not offended.  You needed to express from your side of the aisle and experience; how it gets expressed is your own way of dealing with the multitude of health issues you have been through.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh