Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why must we always be “brave?”

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

People

@LilacTree  Has already said she was wrong, she apologized - what more do you want?

She probably doesn't even feel good herself.

As for Alex Trebec, I'm sorry he has cancer.

@LilacTree bearhugs.gif

I am adding HUGS to LilacTree.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I deleted my post, so here is what i think, the op  has been through lots with her health, perhaps being brave ,can wear on ones nerves,over time ,take  to mind what she has been through. We do not want you to stop posting.

@goldensrbest 

You’re right, Golden’s, I have internalized too much for this forum.  Perhaps I am not quite ready to post yet, because I’m at the age and level of health when one counts their years left in single digits, if one is lucky.  I’m willing to admit it scares me, and I’m always thinking I should be braver.

again I apologize to all I have offended.

I do not think ,you honestly need to apologize, my what you have faced with your health,you are brave,we know how these forums can go, some just don't understand .

I agree with goldensbest, I am not offended and you owe no one an apology.  Stay well LilacTree and please don't allow things that were said here to take you down. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@LilacTree, No need to apologize to me, my dear.  You have endured so much.  You are a brave lady!  

@PamfromCT wrote:

@LilacTree, No need to apologize to me, my dear.  You have endured so much.  You are a brave lady!  

@PamfromCT ,  She sure is, and one of the most respected posters here as well.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I do agree he, and and anyone else, should do what he wants to do, and I should not judge him.  I apologize for singling him out, that was wrong.

on the whole, I guess I just don’t understand the concept that anyone facing such a diagnosis feels he/she has to be “brave” about it.  It’s bad enough knowing one’s days are numbered, but then to have to pretend on top of that doesn’t seem right to me either.

@LilacTree  Personally if I were ever diagnosed with that awful disease I doubt if I would stand and say 'I'll fight this."  I would not be brave, I would be scared beyond words.  I lost a beloved brother-in-law and three of my dearests and closest friends to it.  I understand where you are coming from.

@Lindsays Grandma 

I lost my dear mother to lung cancer when she was only 49.  And my beloved sister to colon/lung cancer almost eight years ago.  They both accepted it near the end.  I guess that’s what people do.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

If I were smart I'd be sitting on my hands, but right now I feel too upset to be smart.  Every person who comes on these boards has the right to their own opinion.  You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you.  What we do owe one another is respect and I saw a whole lot of disrespect here.

There is a way to respond when you disagree with what you are reading.  Being mean, nasty, insulting, rude, hurtful and cruel is NOT the way.  We can voice our opinions in a mature intelligent manner as opposed to what I have seen on this thread.  We all need to put ourselves in the shoes of the poster and consider their feelings as we would want others to consider ours.

We are all adults here, let's act that way.  I will respect you and you will respect me, that's the name of the game.  I have been on these boards since 2007 and have seen a lot of snarky, nasty posts and I can assure you that the majority of those posters are well known and not well liked.  So come on folks, think before you respond, please.

Trusted Contributor

Well said.

Respected Contributor

i think it is presumptuous for anyone to be giving Alex Trebek advice in this tough situation. how he deals with this is his affair.  since he loves his work, i find it totally understandable that he wants to continue doing so.  

Honored Contributor

My dad has pancreatic cancer.  I consider him brave for fighting it and undergoing treatment.  Luckily, treatment is extending his quality and length of life.  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Please don't get upset about this. I understand where you are coming from. I hope you're feeling a bit better and it's good to see you here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

If I were smart I'd be sitting on my hands, but right now I feel too upset to be smart.  Every person who comes on these boards has the right to their own opinion.  You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you.  What we do owe one another is respect and I saw a whole lot of disrespect here.

There is a way to respond when you disagree with what you are reading.  Being mean, nasty, insulting, rude, hurtful and cruel is NOT the way.  We can voice our opinions in a mature intelligent manner as opposed to what I have seen on this thread.  We all need to put ourselves in the shoes of the poster and consider their feelings as we would want others to consider ours.

We are all adults here, let's act that way.  I will respect you and you will respect me, that's the name of the game.  I have been on these boards since 2007 and have seen a lot of snarky, nasty posts and I can assure you that the majority of those posters are well known and not well liked.  So come on folks, think before you respond, please.

Very disrespectful of you to write who YOU think who are 'well known and not well liked'.

Just because of their responses about a man who chooses what he's going to do after being diagnosed with cancer?

Responses from posters who have cancer and have had cancer, and responses from those who don't---we're ALL allowed to give our thoughts--just as the OP did.