Honored Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

@occasionalrain wrote:

you weren't targeting me, you were targeting all those who have expressed complaints about this board. It's not what you posted, it's the context. The thread was anti complaining posters and your post, in effect, said those complaining should be disregarded, not taken seriously. 

No one wants to be written off  with a trite cliché.

Those posts are very clear imo, guess we are supposed to pretend not to comprehend the passive/aggressive barbs.

Honored Contributor

KittyMom, I just ran across the reference to your having been treated badly after discussing your loss.
I hope that you have received more compassionate comments among the entries that I haven't read.
Weeble, the hero cat, has been gone since 3 years ago Christmas, and is still sorely missed. I understand where you are.
Also, loved your topic.
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

I didn't show up out of the blue I've already posted on this
thread earlier.

😊✌️😊

I'm talking about showing up out of the blue to start in on me.  You hardly ever post to me.  And just an fyi - I chose doobs post because she is one of the few reasonable posters I can express my thoughts to without getting accused of attacking - as you did.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Holy Moly !   %-(

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Holy Moly !   %-(

Is that you George?  If it is you do look like him.

Valued Contributor

Cakers and dooBdoo are friends on this board. There is no way Cakers would attack her.

I think we should all take a step back before making assumptions.
I hope the moderators will guide us in this regard.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cakers yes we've posted together many times and very
pleasantly imho.

I hope we do in the future too!😊

I didn't mean to attack but I just stand by what I said as the way occasional rain and you came across only to me.
no body has to agree with me it's Jmho.

Sorry if I offended.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Wow wookie we're just having a discussion.

You think the moderators now have to be called in???
Well ok then report the posts I guess but I don't see anything
that calls for report inappropriate imho.

✌️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I still don't get it. Why "take on" something (figurative) you consider a derogatory comment that you also consider doesn't apply to you? Why feel attacked if you don't believe you are doing what the comment mentions? And why feel attacked if you were not directly named/confronted by name? Seriously - I see general comments on the forum all the time, most of which I understand are general, a few of which are meant for me and others who feel as I do. But they're not mentioning me by name and singling me out. Only then would I feel any need to respond, and only if I chose to.

It's more than a little broad to react by pointing out what you (the figurative "you") feel might be inappropriate in various ways as that relates to others, but not yourself.

IMO, part of the moderation issue some posters have is that some take the opportunity to "fight" back/get back at any post(er) they think might be referring to them in any way, directly or indirectly. They are used to, and in some cases relish, "in your face" confrontations about forum posts.

But the new forum and its moderation is all about NOT making things personal. So I don't make "personal" posts (not that I ever did that often on the old forum).

But I'm not responsible for other people's perceptions/interpretations of my posts, including who, IF ANYONE, I was referring to. If I don't use your name, I'm speaking in generalities. You may have done/said what I talk about in a post in a given thread, but so might several other people in that thread and other threads.

Taking everything personally, often in order to conjure up a confrontation, is a choice, not a logical assumption.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:
Wow wookie we're just having a discussion.

You think the moderators now have to be called in???
Well ok then report the posts I guess but I don't see anything
that calls for report inappropriate imho.

✌️

I beg to differ.  It wasn't a "discussion" - it was an accusation that I ATTACKED another poster and that is not true.  Having an opinion is one thing; accusing me is quite another. 

I'm sure my posts have been reported by now; one can pick and choose any portion of my posts that they care to respond to but unless one reads the whole post then the message is lost in misconceptions and old misperceptions.

I'm done with this - the more things change the more they stay the same.   Whatever the mods decide to do is up to them.