Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

Neither have I seen any of that, adelina.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC -

I hear you. I had to have my 20 year old kitty put to sleep yesterday, and I too didn't want to say anything on the forums because I was sure someone would say whatever they thought they might get away with - or even if mean-spirited posts are deleted, the perpetrator know they scored before the deletion.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Thank you DBD for such a reasoned post. I posted this elsewhere but am bringing it over here:

Just because they gave you a keyboard and title of moderator doesn't give you the right to attack, insult, and humilate your users. I'm stunned at some of the words used by moderators to justify removing a thread. We're not your enemy and treating us thusly is creating a charged atmosphere that's ugly contentionous, and stressful. Those of us asking the moderators to take a step back and a bit of a time out to reflect on how their moderation is affecting the atmosphere here are doing everyone a favor. This of course it just my opinion.

I've poked fun at QVC over the years and at moderators these past few weeks (I still giggle at a post being poofed for "tone"--I can see my mother wagging her finger at my 14 year old self) but I honestly mean well and I think my many years here have shown that I'm not a trouble maker. But unfair is unfair. Others have described moderation as "heavy-handed." I would agree and add "uneven" and "unbalanced." I'm seeing posts where some, who are QVC cheerleaders, are calling others "stupid" "losers" "pathetic" and other lovely adjectives and getting away with it just fine.

QVC, by the storm-trooper way in which they rolled out their new moderation protocol, has now created a new kind of drama here on these fora--the "Us vrs. Them" daily smackdowns between two tranches of posters. I, personally, am over it.

I have not seen a single example of an "attack", "insult" or attempt to "humiliate" posters by moderators. I may be wrong and would seriously like to get an example. 

This was the response of a moderator to my post about how funny I thought the term "tone" was as a reason to poof a post. Sadly the thread is gone so you'll have to take my word for that I was just poking fun at at them as I've done over the years; I promise you, I was not being a jerk. I felt attacked and totally humiliated to be called out this way. Others here will surely mock me for saying this but, yes, it hurt. I'm sure someone will now come back and tell me I'm being too sensitive, or I got what I deserved, or go somewhere else, or get over it. But you asked for an example:

This post has been removed by QVC because of hateful rude comments that are not necessary on the forums.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Nor have I. In fact, when they remove a post, they don't keep the user's name up that is associated with the removed post so I think that, in fact, helps to prevent any so-called humiliation of posters. I think the moderators do a good job of trying to calmly answer many questions, even the ones that are clearly (or passively aggressively) trying to humilate and insult THEM.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I have not either.  When a post is removed, we do not know who the original poster is who made that comment. 

I would never call someone pathetic, looser or whatever, because they don't like the moderation of the boards - in fact, I've been snarked at because I just try to be helpful.

whatever.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
@kittymomNC -

I hear you. I had to have my 20 year old kitty put to sleep yesterday, and I too didn't want to say anything on the forums because I was sure someone would say whatever they thought they might get away with - or even if mean-spirited posts are deleted, the perpetrator know they scored before the deletion.

I'm sorry for your loss.

kittymomNC & moonchilde - I am so sorry for your loss....it is difficult.  My two kitties are going on 15 years of age, and I dread the day.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Honored Contributor

Thank you, biancardi :-)
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:
Neither have I seen any of that,adelina.

Nor have I. In fact, when they remove a post, they don't keep the user's name up that is associated with the removed post so I think that, in fact, helps to prevent any so-called humiliation of posters. I think the moderators do a good job of trying to calmly answer many questions, even the ones that are clearly (or passively aggressively) trying to humilate and insult THEM.

This! As if passive-aggressive makes it all better.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

See what I mean? All the sides line up and the back and forth starts.

I have cut and pasted the posts where those who were questioning the new moderation were called all the names I included in my post. Even if some here would never use those words, I can prove that others have. 

This should not be how it is here. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

This was the response of a moderator to my post about how funny I thought the term "tone" was as a reason to poof a post. Sadly the thread is gone so you'll have to take my word for that I was just poking fun at at them as I've done over the years; I promise you, I was not being a jerk. I felt attacked and totally humiliated to be called out this way. Others here will surely mock me for saying this but, yes, it hurt. I'm sure someone will now come back and tell me I'm being too sensitive, or I got what I deserved, or go somewhere else, or get over it. But you asked for an example:

This post has been removed by QVC because of hateful rude comments that are not necessary on the forums.

I've had innocent threads poofed because a mod stated it was religious (which is wasn't) or political (which it wasn't again) However, since no one knows it was your post because the poster who starts the thread or makes a comment in a thread and it is "removed" is also removed from the post. You just see the mod's name. Please don't take this the wrong way, but this is how I am reading your post. No one would know this is an issue unless you bring it up so the calling out was something that you, yourself, brought attention to that fact. And perhaps the mods don't like being poked at and made fun of either. I agree that the "tone" comment was a bit too much, but you just admitted that you like to make fun of the mods - and you've been doing it for years. If you felt attacked and humiliated by that one comment, perhaps they felt the same way over the course of years that you made fun of them? Am I reading that correctly? Perhaps I misunderstood that part of poking at them and making fun of them - who is them?