Honored Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

And some are only enjoying themselves when they are bullying, browbeating and insulting. If it's boring because those recreational activities are no longer permitted, that's my kind of boring.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
And some are only enjoying themselves when they are bullying, browbeating and insulting. If it's boring because those recreational activities are no longer permitted, that's my kind of boring.

You nailed it!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

This whole notion of "we can't talk about anything" is crazy.  In a weird way it just reminded me of when I was a shy child and people were always saying to me "why don't you talk much?" And some would go on and on about it asking, lecturing etc.  And I would think, if you have something you want to talk about with me, just do it.  Bullying someone for not talking is not a very good way to start a conversation. 

I know it's kind of an odd comparison, but when I read people complaining that there's nothing to talk about, it just made me think of that. 

I believe a comedian once said to the effect that if a person doesn't have anything to say, the least they can do is shut up!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

Lilac, I always looked for your threads and responses, so I'm glad you're here!
Honored Contributor

[Sarcasm font on] But...but - it's NO FUN to post here unless you can control the thread, no matter who or what the OP might be. It's no fun if you can't say/do what you like, no holds barred. Anything less than total domination is evil censorship, I tell you! Fie! Civility and respect begone - begone, I say!
[Sarcasm font off]

Playing by the rules of commonly understood respect and civility is just too difficult for some. Call it "boring" rather than what it is if you must, but most people in the forum are aware of the true meaning of boring as well as the meaning of 'no longer in control.'
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

My problem isnt with these boards. They are fine...lol.. My problem is with QVCs outrageous increase in prices as of the past year or so. I did complain about that to no avail. As long as people keep over paying for things, they will keep charging. But anyway the boards are fine but I dont spend hours on them like some.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

It never fails to amaze me how posters find the time or have the patience to track what other posters say on these boards. I enjoy a good laugh and a tasty recipe as much as the next person, but the boards do not have the volume of people checking in like it did before the change. We need the contension and difference in VIEWS to keep us interested. We all learn to adapt and those of us who stick with these boards will.

Esteemed Contributor

OP, I'm amazed at how bent out of shape people get over minor things.  Someone said she was in tears.  Literally, in tears!  Over a forum; when your family is alive and well, and you are in good health!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

OP, I'm amazed at how bent out of shape people get over minor things.  Someone said she was in tears.  Literally, in tears!  Over a forum; when your family is alive and well, and you are in good health!

I don't know who you're referring to but maybe this person is alone, a shut in, without family. For some people the boards is their only contact with the outside world. You're only seeing their words. You don't know their situation. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

For those who are so unhappy, have you tried to email the QVC Social Team?  Either they will respond or not.   If I am not happy about a moderation decision (and it doesn't have to be my post), I privately email them on it.

That way, if they reverse their decision, they do not lose face with the community, as it was a private conversation. 

I've been on many other boards, have moderated several.  I can say this, moderators are people too - the insults, the constant circular arguments, the push backs - it does wear down moderators and believe me, instead of giving in and allowing posters to have their own way, mods just dig in deeper.

I don't agree with 50% of the moderation here - BUT what these boards were like before?  OMG.  We've gone from one extreme of no moderation to an extreme, heavy handed moderation.  I believe the mods will find that middle ground, but the constant challenges to how they moderate - OPENLY on this board - will make that discovery much slower, as they will have to deal with that.

I am not sure why people just can't privately email them as everyone should know by now, they don't like it when it is openly challenged.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames