Honored Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

ShowMe wrote:

OP........congratulations on your thread.  You said what I've been thinking since about the 3rd day of the new boards.......  It is so sad that folks have to continue to complain.  I think many of the changes have been made for the best.  So what if we can't discuss politics or religion on here.  There is plenty of other things we can discuss......  Just put your thinking caps on......and then start a new thread that could be of interest to many on here.  If you have a complaint, go to the "Suggestion Box" and place your complaint there.  Am sure the Q is keeping up with that....... 

This certainly isn't the worse place we can post to each other. 

...and there are certainly other choices out there in internetland.

I can see people having questions and maybe even trouble navigating.  But there have been just as many threads helping others figure stuff out AND the mods have been very receptive.

I don't mean to say that nobody should ever complain and probably nobody else is saying that either.  Heck, I complained some in the first day or two.  But it's been over two weeks and it's the same stuff.  I guess I might not be THE most patient person on the planet and after a while stuff like things just gets on my last nerve.  

I hope everybody is having a happy day.

Honored Contributor

I want to thank the moderators, also.  They've done a really good job.

They haven't been intrusive and they have allowed many interesting discussions that some might say are current events, such as the vaccination issue.

When there's trouble, they take out an offending post rather than just deleting an entire thread.

It was awful before, people got away with saying horrible things about others: the illness they had, insults about their family, etc. 

IT IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

To those of you that hate QVC, hate this new forum and just in general hate the fact that you can't bad mouth the hosts, I am wondering why you are still here on this forum??

I am finding out more and more how to work this new forum and I find it a relief not to have to listen to the complaints about everything and everybody. I know, I know I don't have to read those posts and usually I don't.  

Honored Contributor

I just want to add to this......I am personally enjoying posting on these new boards than I did on the old.......  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

There are several interesting discussions going on right now, and there has been for days.

Those discussions have attracted many posters, I have no idea why the complainers don't find them interesting.

Of course, those who complain and ignore the popular threads for the moment are free to start their own truly exciting discussions.

That was really comical.  You gave me my giggle for the day!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I feel the op does have a point but at the same time complaining is the only way to voice unhappiness with these forums.  With the books, tv, and movies all together it's had to keep book threads where people can see them.  Before in books there were threads about favorite non fiction books, mysteries, different authors, authors you've given up on, new books coming out.   I liked to post different lists of books that I would link to the articles.  People would start threads about popular books but now everything gets lost in the jumble of tv.     I think they did that because people didn't always respond to the posts everyday but I know alot of people used them as references and did come back and post after they read something.

But I can see in long run qvc doesn't sell books so they don't care about the book forum but they do sell e readers and ipads so maybe they should.  

Esteemed Contributor

LipstickDiva wrote:

Quite honestly, I'm tired of the threads that keep getting started that are complaining about posters complaining.  

From my post #16....

In this case, my post has been interpreted by some as "scolding" or "complaining about the complainers", but it isn't that at all, and I'm sorry some took it that way.  If people want to complain about what QVC sells, or how this board is more difficult, or what they don't like about it and would like to have changed, that's okay with me.  I did my share of that when the change first happened. We can't control any of that without voicing our concerns and disappointments... hopefully that's how changes will happen.

But to complain about the boards being so dull and uninteresting and lacking in humor and boring, and not taking any responsibility for that, is a whole other ballgame.  It's as though some posters feel that it's the responsibility of everyone else to keep them entertained.  I know a lot of people don't like to start threads, and I know why.  I often hesitate to start one (and don't do that many), because I've had my head handed to me on a platter more than once, no matter how innocent the subject.  But if no one ever started a discussion, there would be no boards!  

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see the books sub-forum back, too, lovescats.
Valued Contributor

OP, you said exactly what I was thinking last night when I was reading the thread about how it's just no fun around here anymore.  It's as fun as you make it.  But of course some people are only having fun when they are complaining.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Quite honestly, I'm tired of the threads that keep getting started that are complaining about posters complaining.  

Good one! It's gotten REALLY old.