Respected Contributor

Re: Why is this saying offensive?

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont find it offensive.......i think it is funny!

it was kind of funny when teresa giudice said it on the rhonj......look what happened to them........

That's why it reminds me of a snotty woman!! LOL

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I'm not one of the people who said it was offensive, but I think it's odd to be on a woman's shirt because I always thought it was something men said.  As in if the wife isn't happy, she will make everyone else miserable.

Is THIS what that other thread was about? OMG, srsly?

It is possible to be offended by anything, I suppose.  *Eyeroll*

It's never been meant as a commandment, it's a light-hearted joke. Are women offended by "If Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy?" Probably not, because that saying is used by women (including on shirts and various home items) all the time. It means the same thing.

Ohhhhh....people think a man came up with it. That's why. "I can call myself whatever I want, but no one else better do it."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its just a cute joke and/or saying.  People get offended anymore at anything.  Its real tiresome and makes one afraid to talk to anyone.  What a shame.

Honestly - on this board people get offended at everything! Heck I think they are offended that the sun comes up each day. It's a word they use for everything and I doubt those saying it even really understand what being offended means.

Yet, isn't it the same thing if you are offended all the time by the participants who are offended by everything. One emotion cancels out the other.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE. Wow sharke! I'm so sorry your husband does all these things. No wonder you don't want him retired! I wouldn't either. You made me appreciate mine. He always has plans every minute of every day and night. I never have to cook if I don't feel like it. And now a days I don't much feel like it! Ha. 

Honored Contributor

Hun, I could tell U things that would give you nitemares about mine.

Bless you !

Honored Contributor

In all fairness I read the other day about this woman writing to Ann Landers whoever it is now in the paper. She was asking how she could get her husband to take more then 2 baths a month ! she said "he really stinks down there". I shudder to think what she is going thru.

Mine is better about showering although he could be better, but, then, we women think you should shower 40 times a day. LOL

I console myself with always somebody worse off. Mine makes good money and I live well, so, I can shut my pie hole and be thankful I'm not like some poor women I see at the stores. I'm drawing his SS too. My sister in law's husband forbade her from drawing off of him because he thought it would lessen his benefit and his first wife drawed off of him he wasn't gonna let her draw too , so, the poor woman had to call from another house and draw off of her own tiny earnings and gets like 400 a month.   That wouldn't pay my Q bill LOL

Honored Contributor

People can be "annoyed", you know. It's allowed. It's still in the dictionary. But "offended/offensive" is a buzzword now like "bully", "hater" and so many others that people believe have more "power" or...something. If something annoys you, you're just like everyone else. But if you're offended - well, you're morally superior and so is your belief system and sense of ethics.  People who use "offensive/offended" all the time, along with "shame (on you, on them)" crack me up.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

In all fairness I read the other day about this woman writing to Ann Landers whoever it is now in the paper. She was asking how she could get her husband to take more then 2 baths a month ! she said "he really stinks down there". I shudder to think what she is going thru.

Mine is better about showering although he could be better, but, then, we women think you should shower 40 times a day. LOL

I console myself with always somebody worse off. Mine makes good money and I live well, so, I can shut my pie hole and be thankful I'm not like some poor women I see at the stores. I'm drawing his SS too. My sister in law's husband forbade her from drawing off of him because he thought it would lessen his benefit and his first wife drawed off of him he wasn't gonna let her draw too , so, the poor woman had to call from another house and draw off of her own tiny earnings and gets like 400 a month.   That wouldn't pay my Q bill LOL

Ai-yi.  Did you tell that man that his benefit remains the same no matter how many ex-wives (married at least 10 years) are drawing from his SS history?  I'm surprised SS would not have explained that when this woman sneaked off to apply.  

Honored Contributor

'Come to think about it', almost every single sentence/saying known to human kind could be considered offensive to someone out there...........'There's just no winning' now-a-days.   p.s.  (I originally wrote 'mankind', but that would have been offensive, I'm only guessing.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm too old anyway, but I wouldn't wear any of these shirts with any of the sayings.  Also, the vendor said the fabric is to look like it's 10-years old.  I think it does but I wouldn't pay that price for fabric that looks so thin and so old.  JMO