Honored Contributor

Re: Why is this saying offensive?

I don't think its offensive but unless the person wearing it is married to a wife it makes no sense to me to wear it. That's what confuses me.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

Offensive? Maybe not. Tacky and misogynistic. Oh yeah.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing any of the shirts.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I don't think its offensive but unless the person wearing it is married to a wife it makes no sense to me to wear it. That's what confuses me.

Marketing to LGBT community?

Frequent Contributor

These days people get upset about the slightest thing,  it makes you wonder about the maturity level.

Honored Contributor

I don't care one way or another.  I think it's just a sign of the times (I'm 70) that it is necessary to wear a few words plastered on a T-Shirt how you feel or think......

I think it's much different than going way back to when my now 40 year old daughters wanted to wear shirts that said "Jordache".  I said, "I'm not paying money to advertise some person's clothing.  You want the shirt.  Get a job and buy it with your own money".

They did get jobs for the summer but when they were paying for it, they decided they didn't need the shirt after all.

My point is it doesn't make sense to me but if someone feels the need to plaster on their chest their feelings, so for it.  I'd rather spend my money some other ways.....

Honored Contributor

Better to be an unhappy wife ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It kind of reminds me of that other saying...If momma aint happy nobody is" or something along like line.  I know people say it in jest to be funny so I don't really get offended but I would NEVER  wear it proudly on my chest.  For those that like it....you realize if they come out for one with "daddy" (or husband) you have to grin and bear it! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!!!

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

On threads discussing the TSV some people are saying they find the saying "happy wife , happy life" offensive. OK - I don't get what is offensive about that. 

That's the "positive," marital variant of "if mama isn't happy, nobody's happy." It suggests that you must placate and molify the female head of household or else the marriage and/or family will be unhappy, and that in a sense, the woman is holding domestic harmony hostage. As a generalization, that doesn't speak well for women.