Super Contributor

Why is the commenting period closed????

About the 9/11 Memorial? I did not see this and I hate that......I hope it will be shown again......but why would the thread be closed? This is America.....the supposed to be the land of the free.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why is the commenting period closed????

I haven't looked at that one. Must have been fights.

Super Contributor

They kept it for us to see.....I only read page one and it was nice comments.......yet I did not read page two.

Contributor

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to relive the events of that horrible day through those things posed in that museum.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Pristine Christine said:

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to relive the events of that horrible day through those things posed in that museum.

I live very close to NYC, didn't watch the coverage, lived thru that week.

Apparently there are doors throughout the museum from which you can leave if it becomes too much,

I visited the memorial pools which are quite beautiful.

Super Contributor

Today lots of very civil posts have been poofed and closed!
Respected Contributor

What's in there?

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/15/2014 scotttie said:

What's in there?

I think the report I saw last night said metal from one of the towers, a crushed ladder truck and (I think) remans of some victims. Controversy over that last week by family members. I don't blame them.
Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

On 5/15/2014 scotttie said:

What's in there?

The 5:00 news showed clips of the tribute...Todd Beamer's watch and the Good Samaritan who rescued many people's red bandana.

The Dr. I worked for and his wife were supposed to be on the plane that hit the Pentagon. They missed their flight, but their best friends (a couple from our area) were on it. They were going to Las Vegas for vacation. He was inconsolable for weeks, and attended the memorials (one military in Annapolis as well as the 2 funerals). It was a very sad time for them.

Super Contributor

How horrible for the doctors friends that died and what horror and I think it should be remembered and I think people should be able to see the memorial.......I would like to go but I won't go to NY too expensive for me.........it is IN MEMORY........just like why have any tombstones? I am happy they have a memorial and I fear something like this will happen again but a much larger area.......so many people hate our country yet they come here and make money.......I wish the best to all that lost a loved one and today it still bothers me about 9/11...........I saw the second plane hit when I was on a job interview.......the manager asked would I wait for a moment that something happened in New York at the Trade Centers......I did not even known about those buildings.......and then I remember I stayed up for two days and nights learning about why and who and was in shock.......the FBI was all around the USA.........I do know that....