Honored Contributor

Re: Why is the Woman Always Blamed?

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

No one needs to follow them, they seem to be adept at keeping themselves in the news. It is challenging to know which one has done what since they are all K's. I read something about a big birthday party for one of the children but I don't know which K is her mother. One of them was at the Oscars and there was a lot about her gown on all the fashion shows..

Anyone who is interested in films, TV, and reviews encounters K news. They seem to appeal to lots of people and work hard at keeping that interest. They don't interest me but neither does baseball and baseball players make a lot of money too. 

Their publicists do an excellent job of keeping them in the media spotlight.

They wouldn't be keeping them in the spotlight if the Ks didn't give them lots to publicize.

Esteemed Contributor

1) thankfully, the woman isn't always blamed...not sure why you think we are. 2) the Kardashians aren't "everywhere" on the internet, TV or printed news. What are you watching or reading?

Honestly, I don't know a single soul who cares diddly about or follows any of them. And who the heck are Jordan and Tristan? On second thought, don't answer. I don't care or want to know!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JBKO   Very strange, you claim to dislike them so much yet you seem to follow every move they make.  Most people who strongly dislike someone, wash their hands of them yet you seem obsessed with their activities.  I think you have a problem.

I was just trying to figure out why the OP knows so much about a family that she finds so offensive.  And why she is apparently interested enough to evaluate the situation.  That sounds like someone who has some interest in these people.  Otherwise, why give them more than just a passing thought?

I don't care one way or the other about the Kardashians, and I know next to nothing about this latest story.  I read about things I'm interested in, and it's really not hard to avoid the rest.  

I would think that if stories about people I disliked were too prevalent for my taste, I would re-assess which publications and websites I was accessing on a regular basis, and which TV shows I was choosing to watch, and I would make some changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, they aren’t shoved in my face. I do read the Daily Mail and skip over many many articles including ones about the K’s. I really have no interest in them so I don’t read about them. Same with a lot of other people. I tend to read about people or stories that interest me.

They're not shoved in my face either.  There's so much else going on, so many interesting people and interesting stories.  I don't hear about them often, and I don't think about them at all.

I find it odd that the OP knows so much detail while claiming to intensely dislike everything about them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JBKO wrote:
The National Enquirer has fake news from what I can remember. The Daily Mail doesn’t. (Sorry waiting for my bus in the cold)

Not true.  The Daily Mail has a reputation for being trashy.  They absolutely twist the truth and report erroneous information.  Sometimes it's on purpose, but other times it's because they're lazy and don't check simple details and facts.

(I've seen many stories there that I know for sure are total fabrication.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

David Letterman would not have any of them on his show.  One of the many things I admired about him.  

I have a friend who worked on the Letterman show, and I know at least a couple of them were on more than once.

Honored Contributor

The male is never blamed because he can't reproduce.  He always moves on.  The female can't.  Any mistake on her part might produce a child.  There are always limits on how women behave for that very reason. Women are judged for that reason too. That's the way our society is structured.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, they aren’t shoved in my face. I do read the Daily Mail and skip over many many articles including ones about the K’s. I really have no interest in them so I don’t read about them. Same with a lot of other people. I tend to read about people or stories that interest me.

They're not shoved in my face either.  There's so much else going on, so many interesting people and interesting stories.  I don't hear about them often, and I don't think about them at all.

I find it odd that the OP knows so much detail while claiming to intensely dislike everything about them.

I echo this, as well.

I don’t have a problem with the Kardashian/Jenner brand.

I’ll watch the show when it’s a slow news day.

I’ll read their posts as they come across on my Twitter/Instagram feed.

But even knowing all that, I s.t.i.l.l. don’t know half the stuff many of

the dislikers know. So much time & energy looking for something

to make out of nothing. 

As for ‘shoved’ in my face...at the grocery store checkout,

I never see them on the covers of the cheap magazines anymore.

I see a lot of Royal/Hollywood stuff, but not K/J. They don’t need it.

When the combined family has over 450Million Instagram followers,

a weekly magazine cover is insignificant.

Respected Contributor

I watched KUWTKs once.  It was so staged and quite honestly, I see a mother who p***ed out her kids and they were very young at the time.  The one show I saw was so staged.  I seriously will be glad when "reality shows" days reign on TV will end.

Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@JBKO wrote:
The National Enquirer has fake news from what I can remember. The Daily Mail doesn’t. (Sorry waiting for my bus in the cold)

Not true.  The Daily Mail has a reputation for being trashy.  They absolutely twist the truth and report erroneous information.  Sometimes it's on purpose, but other times it's because they're lazy and don't check simple details and facts.

(I've seen many stories there that I know for sure are total fabrication.)

Does no one really realize that most, if not all, of these stories are total fabrication, put out for nothing but to drum up publicity, in hopes that you will watch the show. 

This has been going on since day one in Hollywood.  Rock Hudson even married a woman just for positive publicity.  But seriously, there is no such thing as negative publicity these days.

Reality TV is the new soap opera.  Our mothers had their soaps, as did many of us growing up.  These stories are scripted, and we knew that, but still loved to hate on the characters and comment on how bad the writing was.

Well, that's one thing that hasn't changed....bad writing.