Regular Contributor

Why is the Q hiding great salespeople

Last night I noticed KL with JM and I was ready to pull my QVC off my lineup. I fell asleep and woke around one and to my surprise there we several classy salespeople on air. No yelling, no talking over the guest, great products, yes i made a few purchases.
So if you want a relaxing shopping experience tune in from 1 am to 7 am. (Ps I did stay awake until 7👍🏻)After that the yelling, and oh my gosh of all the drama begins for another day. Some of us are fed up with the theatrics and the fake entertainment.
I can imagine walking in Macy’s and expecting such sales tactics.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is the Q hiding great salespeople

Frequently more and more hosts are forgetting to mention the size models are wearing this happened last night (BFD TSV) Sandra not once asked. Why? It's simple and helps customers with their decision. Saves on returns!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_SerenityProbably 2 sides to that.  When I like something on a model and then hear she is wearing the XXS, I almost never order.  That very thing happened last night -  saw a top on 2 different models and as soon as the color I loved was on the tiny model, I decided I really didn't need to buy another top.

I'm not at all sure our personal reactions tell us how the average buyer reacts although I'm quite sure my personal preferences don't mirror the bulk of even the Forum preferences.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's interesting--it's related to a current thought I have about hosts I really enjoy watching right now. With a few exceptions among the long-standing hosts (love Carolyn, Jill, Mary Beth for example), I am enjoying the current class of new hosts plus those who immediately preceded them the MOST!  The class of new hosts handling the overnight shows--plus Courtney C (on Q deals now with Rick) and a few of the class she was in are the BES.!   Ali, Kathy P, the new Kathy (tall), and Mary Nelson are among my new favs in the group. One show I kept watching overnight a couple nights ago simply because the "tall" Kathy (sorry, I forget her last name) was just so informative yet enthusiastic about the clothes.  Then there was someone new early this morning I hadn't seen at all before--also doing well. I have to say KUDOS to QVC for the two most recent classes of host newbies. They stick to the products, try hard to give you complete info (okay occasionally are skipping sizes on the models, that will resolve itself), don't talk too fast, and aren't focused on gregarious laughing or wanna be just entertainment efforts. The difference is obvious. Whoever is selecting the new rounds of hosts are hitting home runs. I never would have thought I would actually enjoy the newer overnight shows/hosts MORE than primetime these days!

Honored Contributor

You might want relaxing show hosts; I'm pretty sure QVC wants shows hosts who bring in the cash, hosts who ring up the sales.  That's how QVC rates "great".

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I read it, I'm still not sure what "classy salesperson" actually means.

As for this newest group of 6, about half of them are acceptable to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree......KL & JM were over the top lastnight....i lasted 2 mins before turning................i happened to be awake this morning and caught the 6 am Isaac M. show and there was a dark haired woman with Isaac's representative and she seemed lovely...............spoke calmly, gave out all the info...sounded very professional..........sorry i don't know her name.........but was very impressed.....i have liked prob half of the newbies but the best gems from the last year or two have been Gabrielle K. & Katie M. both from the early morning QVC fashion shows.....

Valued Contributor

@summergal1

yes, very peaceful between 1 and 7 am.
hopefully, putting some of them in prime time doesn't cause them to change.
variety can be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@summergal1

I know what you mean about KL....likes to talk about her self a lot.....and doesn't seem very interested in Q's products ...she talks fast like she wants to hurry it up so the show can be over...A real channel changer

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

When I watch I only want information about  he product being sold. All the other noisy self serving banter makes me change the channel.  Cannot believe anyone can watch too long these days.