Honored Contributor

I don't know. Why do men take out the kids when it's the wife they're angry with? Why do women kill their young children via drowning/strangulation vs gunshots? Why do people kill over something like a jacket? Why do people kill at all?

I get what you're asking but remember, these are the cases that make the news. When you think about how many people actually live in the US....and how often it happens...it's not that often compared to other forms of violence (that don't make the news but should IMHO).

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Maybe men are treated more poorly?  Have more stress?  More problems?  Feel more helpless?  Feel more responsibility?

Who knows?  But it makes you feel like maybe men are under stresses that are not recognized enough by society.  

All we have to do is look at history and society for the last hundred years or so to know that men are not treated more poorly than women.  I don't even know where to begin with this one...

There is a great bias against men in this country.  Just read these boards to see how people feel about "men."  There are lots of wonderful men in my life.  I hate to see them all lumped together with the few bad eggs.

And a lot of women who certainly aren't mistreated because they are women.

People are people.  They shouldn' t  be stigmatized because of race, gender, religion, or political party.  Each of us should be taken for the person we are. 

@Sooner

Men have almost always been the leaders until very recent history, not women.  Rape was overlooked as a crime for almost all of history, and women were legal property of men, their fathers and later their husbands.

I have never seen a woman here who hates men.  Never.  The facts don't lie, most violent crimes are committed by men, that has nothing to do with the ability of women to love their fathers, brothers, sons and male friends.  Nothing.

No one is lumping the men you love or I love in with men who are criminals or out of control.

I agree @Noel7.

Men control business, the government, law enforcement and the judiciary. Women asking for equal standing are not exhibiting anti man bias despite some alternative sources that enjoy floating that opinion.

There is no man-hating behavior on these boards. There are a lot of women who do not accept they are subservient or dependant on a man. This is not man hating behavior.

Males do tend to exhibit more violent behavior than women. It is biology. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Maybe men are treated more poorly?  Have more stress?  More problems?  Feel more helpless?  Feel more responsibility?

Who knows?  But it makes you feel like maybe men are under stresses that are not recognized enough by society.  

All we have to do is look at history and society for the last hundred years or so to know that men are not treated more poorly than women.  I don't even know where to begin with this one...

There is a great bias against men in this country.  Just read these boards to see how people feel about "men."  There are lots of wonderful men in my life.  I hate to see them all lumped together with the few bad eggs.

People are people.  They shouldn' t  be stigmatized because of race, gender, religion, or political party.  Each of us should be taken for the person we are. 

@Sooner

Men have almost always been the leaders until very recent history, not women.  Rape was overlooked as a crime for almost all of history, and women were legal property of men, their fathers and later their husbands.

I have never seen a woman here who hates men.  Never.  The facts don't lie, most violent crimes are committed by men, that has nothing to do with the ability of women to love their fathers, brothers, sons and male friends.  Nothing.

No one is lumping the men you love or I love in with men who are criminals or out of control.

I agree @Noel7.

Men control business, the government, law enforcement and the judiciary. Women asking for equal standing are not exhibiting anti man bias despite some alternative sources that enjoy floating that opinion.

There is no man-hating behavior on these boards. There are a lot of women who do not accept they are subservient or dependant on a man. This is not man hating behavior.

I've seen A LOT of posts putting men down, saying how childish they are, how baby-ish they are when they get sick, blah blah blah.....anyone who has been here for any length of time has seen the same thing.

It's a routine thing here.

I wonder if it's "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" syndrome.........

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner

I agree @Noel7.

And I agree with you @Ms tyrion2. But there are a couple of women who don't like a lot of other women.  They always show up in threads bashing hosts and women celebs.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

No comment!       =^..^=

hckynut(john)

LOL. I admire your restraint...

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner

I agree @Noel7.

And I agree with you @Ms tyrion2. But there are a couple of women who don't like a lot of other women.  They always show up in threads bashing hosts and women celebs.  

@Noel7, my opinion on that is that there are some people on these forums who just like to bash (or fall over their fingers running to report) whatever pops up in their Yahoo News feed, period. Whoever and whatever is handy. Most of these are equal-gender bashers ;-) QVC hosts are 95% female - hard to bash male hosts when there are only 4-5.  And the media loves to go after female faux-lebrities. IMO many of them deserve it, but I don't need to add my voice to that - it's not like it needs to be actually said, for some of them. A private *eyeroll* is sufficient for me ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

No comment!       =^..^=

hckynut(john)

I have to say, in your defense, (not that you need it) that we as mothers do raise our little boys to be more aggressive.  Little girls can cry but not little boys.

I have often said that one of the biggest mistakes in the world today is that women raise sons and little boys and do not raise men and husbands!

If you can't cry, where are you emotions supposed to go??

True, they need to be able to express themselves freely without fear of ridicule.

Respected Contributor

Most men(not all) are selfish(varying degrees) and single minded and get mad when they don't get their way.   How many times do you hear them killing or hurting their exes.  If their feelings are hurt they are going to make someone pay because they their are always the victims.  They never do anything wrong to cause their misery.  Woe is me.  I know that there are mostly good men out there I just have not had the good fortune to be involved with many of them. 

Honored Contributor

There is lots of "women bashing" on these boards. Especially when they have views one doesn't agree with. One recent instance I saw called said women hags. It's actually all over the place here, one doesn't need to seek it out. Bashing of men when they have certain views is in style here too.  Name calling ensues, attacks on personal lives, babies, pregnancies, etc.

The facts are the facts, and the original question in the op is just factually accurate. Far more men commit mass shootings and workplace shootings and the like. We need to look at why, to get to the root of the problem.

I don't believe in stereotyped bashing of men, or of women. But it's also not bashing of men to point out inequalities, unless of course one has no problem with those inequalities existing. 

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wonder if it's "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" syndrome.........

@YorkieonmyPillow- "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" syndrome???  What on earth is that?! 

I'm aware of the story, just never heard of a syndrome associated with it.  Do explain!