Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Shawn dressed like this when it's winter??

I am not conservative at all but I think it's inappropriate for hosts to wear clothes with no sleeves.  It just doesn't look professional at all.  If it's accessories day then she could at least put a scarf or sweater on.  I realize it's warm in other parts of the country, but not in PA.  That dress might be appropriate if it was July. 

Honored Contributor

like what? Am I missing something-there is no picture posted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know who this is or how s/he's dressed, but you should probably ask her/him.

If it looks like it's light for the season, maybe this person works indoors where there is heat.  

I know that it's not like the old days when I worked.  Used to be you kept a sweater at your desk because the office would be kind of cold.  Now, whenever I go into a public place/store/office/etc, it's heated up to like 80 or 85 degrees.   For me, that's nauseatingly hot.

Valued Contributor

cah wrote:

It's freaking winter in Pa.
This looks so out of place.

There's still snow on the ground in places!

Guess what....... not all QVC viewers live where it snows and many of us have nice warm temps where we live and we're looking forward to picking up our spring/summer wardrobes. 

I realize that, but she lives and works in PA and it's winter here and cold!! In the summer she'll be wearing cardigans!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Contributor

I don't care what season it is.  I think this is a totally inapproriate look for a host.   Just saw it- normally can't watch Shawn- the makeup is too much !!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@cah wrote:

Guess what....... not all QVC viewers live where it snows and many of us have nice warm temps where we live and we're looking forward to picking up our spring/summer wardrobes. 

I don't wear long sleeve shirts/sweater anytime of the year I have my flip flops on.

Super Contributor

I totally agree with CorrTor in that I do not believe it is appropriate for a host to be dressed (undressed) like this.  Since she is selling assessories, what is wrong with a little shrug or scarf. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in CO and it was snowing last week and we still have snow on the ground. It is suppose to snow next week. I am not looking for spring/summer clothes now. I keep wondering why they have skipped to spring/summer when it is winter in so many states. I just turn to another channel. Actually, I watch very little of QVC if I want something I shop on line and watch the video of that item. Otherwise, it is way too boring for me. If they a special value it is on at least seven to eight hours of the day. Shawn has started dressing differently since Lisa R left. I don't know why she needed to revamp her look but she has. It does not appeal to me but I am not the one who has to wear it.

Honored Contributor

lol - never thought about it at all -  probably because as I'm watching it's still well over 80 and I suspect my white eyelet blouse, light khaki capris, and bare feet would offend posters here. 

.Anyway, just doesn't bother me.  Could be because about 7 out of 10 of the women on the news channels wear short and sleveless "summer" dresses all the time. 

Honored Contributor

@cah wrote:

@cah wrote:

I realize that, but she lives and works in PA and it's winter here and cold!! In the summer she'll be wearing cardigans!

So? That hurts you in what way?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.