Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why in the world do moms do this?

@bobby5 wrote:
@proudlyfromNJ

I'm not on facebook or instagram, but I can still see ones that are public. To be perfectly honest, this was a qvc host's instagram that I was looking at.

@bobby5- then this bit of info should have been in your op. Don't throw shade.

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal

I wanted to keep it "generic." I was just answering @proudlyfromNJ's question.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you all, seeing videos of babies/kids crying after being scared is disturbing. What is wrong with people? Sick.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Let's not leave out grandparents.  Every Sunday at church this woman brings her grand-daughter with her to mass.  She spreads out an entire brunch for her.  A portable table with donut holes, grapes, and other breakfast treats and drink.  At one point it's time for all children to go up and sit with the deacon and talk about different topics to possibly teach them a lesson.  During this time the grandmother videos the entire thing on her cell phone and takes pictures.  The entire time they are a total distraction.  I don't even know why they are there.

@rms1954 

Unfortunately the pastor allows that (I assume so since it doesn't sound like she is told to leave her phone at home during the service, or at least in her purse).  Apparently Church is nothing more than a social event to this woman.  She is being totally disrespectful.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Let's not leave out grandparents.  Every Sunday at church this woman brings her grand-daughter with her to mass.  She spreads out an entire brunch for her.  A portable table with donut holes, grapes, and other breakfast treats and drink.  At one point it's time for all children to go up and sit with the deacon and talk about different topics to possibly teach them a lesson.  During this time the grandmother videos the entire thing on her cell phone and takes pictures.  The entire time they are a total distraction.  I don't even know why they are there.

@rms1954 That woman is showing which a lack of respect to the other congregants, deacon and their God. It's one thing to bring a sippy cup with juice and a few Cheerios for a toddler, but this sounds like brunch for a spoiled child. Glad you only got the one nasty comment accusing you of being judgemental - that's a common tactic from those who are truly judgemental.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once attended a New Year's workshop at the yoga studio for a meditation circle, centering, and journaling about goals for the year.  A mom and dad attended with their two girls, approximately four and six.  

First of all I don't understand why they brought young children to an adult class which clearly was focused on quiet reflection.  The girls freely walked around the class, bickering, bothering people, humming, singing and whining.  In the space of 20 minutes they accomplished all that. The parents they sat beaming at the girls as if their every action was precious and we were all enjoying it.  They did not even participate in the workshop so what was the point?

I got fed up and left.  I couldn't get my money refunded but told the leader that she should have done something about it.  It was the height of rudeness!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Everyone here seems to see all these things online. What sites do you go to to look for them? Are they on your FB? Instagram? I have FB but am friends with only a few and have never seen these things. I do look at a few well known people on Instagram but they are usually QVC hosts or Martha. Still don't see any of this. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

Our family FB page is restricted to a few relatives and some very close friends with max security settings, but I still get qwap, "suggested for your viewing based on your interests" and junk from FB's Market Place and have to block a lot of FB sites so i dont see this junk! SMH!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

Unfortunately the pastor allows that (I assume so since it doesn't sound like she is told to leave her phone at home during the service, or at least in her purse).  Apparently Church is nothing more than a social event to this woman.  She is being totally disrespectful.

@SurferWife @rms1954

Like the parents that allow their kids (and these are 10 or 11 yr olds) play their video games on their phone during the service complete with sounds and then the kid and dad are discussing strategy for the game while others are trying to listen to the service...its disrespectful....If these kids (and adults) cant put their phones/games up for just an hour, there's a real problem going on....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@bobby5   Why? Because these moms and dads (dads do it as well) are self-centered, mean-spirited, selfish jerk-wagons (a term my bestie uses for POS).  They ONLY care about themselves and the "likes" or "thumb-ups" or "views" they are receiving. YouTube cracked down on a few "family" channels where the behavior toward their children was unacceptable in every way. Still, pimping out your child (if you're getting money or something by using your child as the product, you're pimping out your child in my world) appears to bring in BIG bucks on YouTube so, it keeps going on.

Down the road, these parents are going to get a huge surprise via their children. I often wonder if these adults where treated just like this by THEIR parents but social media wasn't around to record it. Disgusting on every level.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I  see on TV clips from different shows like Inside Edition I don't troll the internet and don't do FB, Twitter and all that 'stuff'.