Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do you think QVC's sales are down for the fourth quarter of last year?

I'm not buying as much anywhere anymore. I'm spending a lot more on food and household basics, and putting more in savings than ever before, because I feel like there is no telling what is coming next. Gas is almost 4.00 a gallon where I live. Even vetrinarian care has gone up, whether its shots or someone gets sick- I'll forgo QVC before I forgo medical/dental care for me, dh  or these animals. 

Respected Contributor

There are two main reasons.

The first being quality control. The products are not checked as they once were. Shoe and clothing sizes are not dependable, and the manufacturing is shoddy.

The other being that there are only so many pajamas that one person needs.

Regular Contributor

Just how many cuddle duds, Muk Luks, Sketchers, lounge stuff can one have?  How many pj sets do you really need? It was endless  - is it any wonder why sales were in the tank?

Honored Contributor

I worked in QC for a mulit billion dollar company. Not all eaches are inspected. The military standard is used. There would not be time to inspect 40,000 eaches. 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Frequent Contributor

The q is very expensive....compared to other stores. Plus the crazy antics are another reason I can't watch.
Super Contributor

For me, its prices, hosts that are 'over-the top' etc etc.  When I remember how most of the women hosts were when they were new, there's no resemblance to now!  We are not stupid.  Jayne B, Pat JD and Dan are about the only hosts I can watch.  I know that prices are rising everywhere, but some of is price-gouging.  The price of oil has gone down, but petrol prices keep going up!  I look online for 'recently on air', and my purchases have decreased.  

Honored Contributor

It seems like every TSV is either a pair of tennis shoes, a vacuum or a laptop which I own already. I remember when it was worth staying up until midnight to see what it was and the incredible price offered. Things would actually sell out!
I pretty much stopped watching after the two Lisas left but browse online some. The last thing I bought was a trench coat and it was way oversized even though I sized down two sizes.  

Honored Contributor

Q's prices seem to be higher than other channels.