Respected Contributor

Re: Why do you think QVC's sales are down for the fourth quarter of last year?

There are many reasons imo. QVC not listening to its customers. High shipping costs and poor return service. Same items shown time after time. Nothing really new. Poor quality goods. Less watching of programming because of annoying hosts. Less watching means less buying. Poor CS. Many times problems can not be resolved by a phone call.
Trusted Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:
There are many reasons imo. QVC not listening to its customers. High shipping costs and poor return service. Same items shown time after time. Nothing really new. Poor quality goods. Less watching of programming because of annoying hosts. Less watching means less buying. Poor CS. Many times problems can not be resolved by a phone call.

I agree, look at these boards it's the same complaints, different day. If they actually paid attention they could learn a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it was due in part to the 'shop-ahead-stategy' which the retailers pushed upon us causing a surge in sales shortly before the holiday season. Then when the end of the year came around, everyone already bought their stuff and were left looking at empty shelves.

ETA 

Read the title of this thread...."fourth quarter of last year."

@SilleeMee 

I also think people who wanted to buy holiday presents did it in the THIRD quarter, not the fourth quarter.    All those ships in the water off Long Beach waiting to be unloaded made many people nervous.

I also think that even if people had the funds, there was less discretionary gifting and more spent on necessities. 

Example ....  I gave my sisters each a $100 gift card for their local Wegmans.   Seemed prudent to me.  Neither of them needed yet another sweater. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

I agree, exactly. Qvc hosts kept saying something like:  "Buy now b/c it might not be here/restocked in time for the holidays"  or "Things are stuck on the boats so buy now while we have it." 

I never thought the Q had high shipping costs. In fact, I think it is very reasonable compared to other places. I guess people want things shipped for free all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Wasn't my fault!  Smiley Wink  

I bought 4 "sale" items in the 4th qtr.

Valued Contributor

For me, it is the way they promote the sillyness of the hosts.  The hosts also tell us how we can use or wear to extreme.  If I am interested in the item, I have some idea of what to do with it. I could be their friend but not through the TV.  They are just too full of themselves.   

Valued Contributor

NO free shipping

BORING merchandise

QVC does not have the best prices 

QVC does NOT offer sales

QVC has ugly clothing for the most part and it's overpriced for mass-produced merchandise 

I would much prefer spending $100 on a quality top than $45 on a cheap top from the Q.

Other retailers offer Free Shipping ALWAYS

Honored Contributor

They're boring. And overpriced.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

I agree, exactly. Qvc hosts kept saying something like:  "Buy now b/c it might not be here/restocked in time for the holidays"  or "Things are stuck on the boats so buy now while we have it." 

I never thought the Q had high shipping costs. In fact, I think it is very reasonable compared to other places. I guess people want things shipped for free all the time. 

I don't understand why I "wouldn't want things shipped for free all the time?"  Why would I willingly pay to have something shipped from one company when another would ship it for free? I realize there are costs built in but when I see $3.50 to ship as opposed to free shipping from say, Amazon, I'm going to go with Amazon and get it in a couple days and not wait two weeks! 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Omicron variant

Are you serious???

@rms1954 It's my reason.  I don't have anywhere to wear new clothes or shoes because I'm not going out right now.  So yes, that I would think would be a big reason.