Super Contributor

Re: Why do women do this to themselves?

On 3/21/2015 terrier3 said:

I know I'm a cynic, but I don't think he is half as bad as he is portrayed on TV.

In fact, a LOT of his storylines are pure fiction...like breaking a mirror fighting with Kourtney...JUST AS A CAMERA WAS ROLLING.

Sorry to say, but it's high drama with some bad actors.

I DO think he has a drinking problem...like his mom and dad who both died young.

Even Kris isn't nasty enough to have her daughter stay with an out of control creep for ratings!!! (At least I hope not!)

BTW - In one of the very first episodes of KUWTK, Kris talked about how she puts all her girls on the Pill at age 13. Both daughters who are moms had children w/o being married at the time. That must be their form of rebellion!

ITA
Super Contributor

Hi Lotus Smiley Happy..........a son born in December........Reign Aston Disick..........
Honored Contributor

Never watched the show and couldn't pick Kourtney out in a line up. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

From what I know, however, the K girls are all about their appearance (I think) and can't be very bright ..... none of them have a PhD, to my knowledge. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I've only watched the K shows now and then to see what people are talking about (and I am interested in Bruce's story, which has been heavily publicized separate from these family shows), so I don't know the details.

In general, though: I don't think it's "women" who do this. I think people fall in love, or infatuation, or whatever it might be in each case. And their judgment isn't what we might think of as clear or sound, and it often is clouded by their history, their experiences, and what they wish were happening instead of what really is going on. They had a dream of what the relationship was supposed to be, and it's hard to admit the dream is gone.

eta: And, it's a "reality show." We see what's scripted, we see what they're selling.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Oh-kaaaay......I don't watch the Sniffer Sisters any more. Why would any one?

Regular Contributor

There is no other reason...low self esteem.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Lotus~ said:

She had the 3rd baby? What did she have?

A boy.

Super Contributor

Alcoholism is a disease, not a moral issue. Would you call someone an immature creep if they had cancer? The immaturity is a separate issue from his disease. Some people's maturity can be arrested if they start drinking at an early age....but the creep part is uncalled for.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 aprildreams said:

Alcoholism is a disease, not a moral issue. Would you call someone an immature creep if they had cancer? The immaturity is a separate issue from his disease. Some people's maturity can be arrested if they start drinking at an early age....but the creep part is uncalled for.

He is both - an immature creep and an alcoholic.

While I do think it is heavily scripted (the show), I also believe he IS an alcoholic. He has been hospitalized from complications of too much alcohol. He has just left a rehab.

I wonder why you KEEP having children with him. The first pregnancy was not planned, but the other two were, more or less. She knows enough that she is hesitant to marry him, but keeps making babies with him. There are reasons she doesn't marry him, and my guess one of them is that he is a problem drinker.

To be honest, I don't know what HIS claim to fame is - other than his relationship with Kourtney Kardashian!

Feel sad for the kids.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

If I had to put up with Kourtney's whiny voice and IRON CONTROL over everything I would probably be hitting the sauce, too!

She treats him like TRASH........

ITA. I can't stand her. She is the most annoying of the bunch and that VOICE!!! Who still talks like a valley girl for goodness sake? I can't be friends with people who talk in valley girl baby voices. I would think that alcohol would be essential to get through a day with these people.

Actually it is quite common for drug addicts and alcoholics to be immature. When people take up drugs and alcohol it inhibits brain function interfering with thinking and reasoning skills and stops and slows maturing. Many times you will see people with the maturity level of the age of when they started to seriously use drugs and alcohol.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK