Honored Contributor

Re: Why do women do this to themselves?

I don't blame Scott. He just lost his parents, and has a crazy K family to deal with. I think he does drink, but they showed him in bad light for the sake of the tv show. He may currently have an problem.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 missy1 said:

I don't blame Scott. He just lost his parents, and has a crazy K family to deal with. I think he does drink, but they showed him in bad light for the sake of the tv show. He may currently have an problem.

The place where they sent him in South America for a "cure" was actually a product placement - he got paid to promote the place. He just stayed for a few days...because it was in his contract with them.

Just like the girls promote tanning salons and diet pills.

Just more crass commercialization from Kris.

I just wonder how this will affect his kids...other children will obviously see the show and will think that Scott is an out of control drunk...whether it's an act or not!

Respected Contributor

Not that it is exactly the same in this particular thread although it touches on it here and there throughout, I recommend watching Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC show today on sl-ut-shaming in the age of social media.

Good show. That's all.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure Scott will stay with Kourtney till she throws him out, if ever. After all, the association with these people seems to be his only income. Yes, the children are cute but I would be more concerned just what kind of people they will become being raised in this kooky family. In spite of all Kim's beauty most people seem to have little respect for her; doubt if she could make much of a living on her own. I think the younger sister has a good deal of common sense and could do what she sets out to do; I'm thinking of Dash as an example.

Feel sorry for Rob; wonder what he's doing now. He seems like a sweet and sensitive guy; it still hurts him so much that he has lost his dad who was his one escape from this bunch.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Frau K said: Hyacinth, I looked up what Scot Disick does for a living and it said he was a ' Socialite'.

Well, thanks!

A socialite reminds me of the song that goes "I love to work at nothing all day."

Taking Care of Business............

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Free2be said:

Not that it is exactly the same in this particular thread although it touches on it here and there throughout, I recommend watching Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC show today on sl-ut-shaming in the age of social media.

Good show. That's all.

No, thanks!

Not ever looking at Ms. Tampon Earrings ever again if I can help it!!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 hyacinth003 said:
On 3/22/2015 Free2be said:

Good show. That's all.

No, thanks!

Not ever looking at Ms. Tampon Earrings ever again if I can help it!!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

ITA. One of the most ridiculous women on television.

Super Contributor

I think maybe Kourtney just wanted to have siblings for Mason, that's why she keeps having babies with Scott. And they have had really cute children.

Maybe she wanted them all to have the same father. Maybe he's a great father when he's not drunk?

Honored Contributor

I won't jump on the K-hate bandwagon, so I can't speak to why she keeps him around.

But, as for him - he hasn't grown up because he has not HAD to grow up. Some people will use and abuse (whether it's other people or alcohol/drugs, or whatever) as long as they are being enabled. Only when they have no other choice will somebody of this type grow up and become a responsible citizen.

I think the best thing for him would be for her to kick him to the curb - COMPLETELY. I know she does everything she can to shield the kids from his bad behavior but it will get more and more difficult and cause more and more damage.

IMO, she should stop cranking out kids and start over with her own life with her kids and then take it from there and learn to not try to 'fix' a man. Many of us have done it when we were younger. But, sooner or later (hopefully sooner), we learned to do better. It's time for her to learn. She's gotten herself in WAY too deep so it's harder and harder to make things right.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 imaclotheshog said:

I think maybe Kourtney just wanted to have siblings for Mason, that's why she keeps having babies with Scott. And they have had really cute children.

Maybe she wanted them all to have the same father. Maybe he's a great father when he's not drunk?

I saw a segment on TV where, when Kourtney told him she was pregnant with the third baby, he said that she TRICKED him and he didn't want another child.

I doubt whether she actually broke the news to him as the tape was rolling...but what is their son going to think when he sees - or his school friends tell him about - a scene where his dad says he was tricked and he didn't want him?????

It's disgusting what they do to make money, IMO.