Respected Contributor

Re: Why do we need to sign in twice?

Usually when a company outsources the employees that work for the 3rd party don't tell customers that they are outsourced because they follow the guidelines set by the company who hires the outsourcer.   Really it is up the company that hires the outsourcing company on what information the outsourced employees are allowed to give.

I worked for an outsourcer for a company in another state and we weren't allowed to give our location as out of state untill the company hired outsourced employees out of the country also  and then the customers in the other state were glad to at least speak to customer service still in the US.

I would be more interested in knowing if amy would give the country she is in.

Honored Contributor

biancardi wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Without getting too techy, you're essentially logging into two different locations. 

The QVC shopping area is more directly connected to your shopping account, with personal and financial data.  The Community area is less secure than the shopping area.

Both are owned and operated by QVC, the platform for the new forums is based on the Lithium web hosting services (just the tecnical "side" of the forums), and I believe I saw confirmation in another thread that the moderators are QVC employees.

But the previous board was another location as well.  They turned off the universal login (which many places do offer - you just don't see it) when they upgraded or this chatboard doesn't recognize single sign on authentication.

They did this, as you stated and as I stated, due to the shopping account needing more security.

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. I had to re-read this and some other threads because I'm dealing with some issues here at home at the same time I'm reading.  (Not good to multi-task too much!)

They actually were requiring a login for both "sides" before the switch to this new platform -- I answered posters' questions about it pretty often.  I know I had to sign in an extra time depending upon what I was accessing, and others did, too.  But if I remember correctly some posters said it wasn't happening to them at that time.  They've probably made it more secure now.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo  that could be - I know that the last few board upgrades have been outsourced, and not until this one did I have to log in again to access my shopping account.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

I don't mind extra signing in if its better security.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

This whole situation is very strange.  Several times I have come over to the forums directly from making a purchase, and I have had to sign in again.  I am sure the old format was not making me do that. 

The other weird thing is when you land on the homepage of qvc.com, at the top of the page it says Welcome, (Your Name.)  When you click on Blogs & Forums, it says Welcome, Guest.  I guess the shopping side uses cookies to track us, but the community side must not. 

The strangest thing is that tonight I wrote some product reviews, and it did not make me sign in!  That has never happened before.  I kept waiting for it to pop up the sign in screen, but it let me write the whole review, and when I went to the preview screen, there was my name and everything.  Funny, because you would thing it would be easier to post something here, than on the shopping site.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

Yes, we have to sign in to the forums and sign in again for our accounts, but many times I have to sign in two-three times to get into the forums, that is what I am questioning.  It seems excessive.

Respected Contributor

The signing in has gotten really dumb. You sign in for everything. Even if yhou do not actively post for an hour or so, when you try, sign in again. cannot stand it!!!