Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some posts appear in a blue/grey box, while most appear in a white box?

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Is this a new development, or have I been totally oblivious?confused

Hi @faeriemoon

In the new forums when you are logged in the system keeps track of what discussions you have viewed. The blue/grey box should indicate the next new post in the discussion.

You can test out my explanation by clicking into a longer discussion (one with several pages) and then browse back. When you re-enter that same discussion I expect a the next new post that you have not viewed to be highlighted in the blue/grey color.

I'm not sure if my explanation will help you or confuse you more. The intention of the different color is to indicate a placeholder of sorts.

Does this explanation help?

Thank you for the explanation!  Sunshine provided a similar explanation, but I couldn't tell if that's how the box colors were changing in my situation.  I'm going to check it out again on some other threads.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do some posts appear in a blue/grey box, while most appear in a white box?

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Is this a new development, or have I been totally oblivious?confused

Hi @faeriemoon

In the new forums when you are logged in the system keeps track of what discussions you have viewed. The blue/grey box should indicate the next new post in the discussion.

You can test out my explanation by clicking into a longer discussion (one with several pages) and then browse back. When you re-enter that same discussion I expect a the next new post that you have not viewed to be highlighted in the blue/grey color.

I'm not sure if my explanation will help you or confuse you more. The intention of the different color is to indicate a placeholder of sorts.

Does this explanation help?

Thank you for the explanation!  Sunshine provided a similar explanation, but I couldn't tell if that's how the box colors were changing in my situation.  I'm going to check it out again on some other threads.  

I just checked it out, and it's definitely not working for me.   The first post (the OP) is highlighted in blue/grey, on threads I just started reading and also on threads I've been reading for several days.  

So I think for sure this is not working for all of us.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @NYC Susan

Thank you for testing this feature. I'm sorry to hear you are not having the experience that I expected.

just now I tried testing it again with the Community Chat "Showme Mr Lucky" which has over a 1000 posts. That discussion was good for my test because it exceeds the number of topics I have set per page (I am set see 50 at a time).

when I went in I arrived on page 483. I used the back button on my browser and then clicked the topic title to return and was then placed on page 484. Repeated the steps and was then on page 485. Each time the system assumed that I had completed the full page a selected a new to me topic to highlight.

are you willing to test this experience again on that same topic and share with me your experience? I totally understand if you do not wish to test further, it is not your responsibility to test these features.

Honored Contributor

On the Rosie O'Donnell thread the very first post is blue/grey.  Not one of the others is.  I have gone back to that thread several times since it was started to continue reading, yet the first post remains blue, and when I return to the thread, it is still the only blue one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

Hi @NYC Susan

Thank you for testing this feature. I'm sorry to hear you are not having the experience that I expected.

just now I tried testing it again with the Community Chat "Showme Mr Lucky" which has over a 1000 posts. That discussion was good for my test because it exceeds the number of topics I have set per page (I am set see 50 at a time).

when I went in I arrived on page 483. I used the back button on my browser and then clicked the topic title to return and was then placed on page 484. Repeated the steps and was then on page 485. Each time the system assumed that I had completed the full page a selected a new to me topic to highlight.

are you willing to test this experience again on that same topic and share with me your experience? I totally understand if you do not wish to test further, it is not your responsibility to test these features.

That happens to be the first one I used to test it last night.  I tried a few others too, and it still doesn't work.  (I use a laptop, btw.)   Thanks for your response.

Honored Contributor

@Keyai the way my posts are shown is exactly how you described it.....i am using a laptop.

i get a blue box in a post  when i open a thread i have never opened before.......the original post is blue.

i also get a blue box if i open a thread that i have already read and has no new messages......the original post is again blue,

if i open a post  that i have been following that has NEW messages, opening the thread will take me to the point where i stopped reading and need to start again......the newest post that i havent read is in blue......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein