Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do some posts appear in a blue/grey box, while most appear in a white box?

@faeriemoon wrote:

Is this a new development, or have I been totally oblivious?confused

I haven't a clue what you are talking about. What am I mising here with this "blue/grey box", or whatever this means.

I see an avatar and a typical reply box, but not blue/grey.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Re: Why do some posts appear in a blue/grey box, while most appear in a white box?

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I haven't a clue what you are talking about. What am I mising here with this "blue/grey box", or whatever this means.

hckynutjohn, your post is BLUE on my computer, however what you responded to is gray.  I wondered the same thing but never asked, just figured people were changing the color of their fonts

Valued Contributor

And they are!!   I did it,    under the A with the donw arrow next to it, you can change your font color!!!  COOL>

Honored Contributor

When I see my gray hair, I feel blue.

Respected Contributor

All my boxes... or post areas.... are white.  

Wonder why some are different?  

Might be some are on ipads, pads, and some on computers; etc what ever their writing thingy is.

Respected Contributor

It's because they want to highlight (with a blue box) those posters who are the smartest, classiest, and most attractive!

Respected Contributor

I only see white or light gray boxes for 

posts.  I wonder why we see different things?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

John, in any given thread I have blue/grey boxes and white boxes  Most of them are white, and I don't understand why there are a few grey mixed in for no reason.  Before the big board change, I had alternating boxes of grey (blue/grey) and white, presumably to make the thread easier to read.  There's no rhyme or reason to what I'm seeing now.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

Hi @faeriemoon

In the new forums when you are logged in the system keeps track of what discussions you have viewed. The blue/grey box should indicate the next new post in the discussion.

You can test out my explanation by clicking into a longer discussion (one with several pages) and then browse back. When you re-enter that same discussion I expect a the next new post that you have not viewed to be highlighted in the blue/grey color.

I'm not sure if my explanation will help you or confuse you more. The intention of the different color is to indicate a placeholder of sorts.

Does this explanation help?

Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Hi @faeriemoon

In the new forums when you are logged in the system keeps track of what discussions you have viewed. The blue/grey box should indicate the next new post in the discussion.

You can test out my explanation by clicking into a longer discussion (one with several pages) and then browse back. When you re-enter that same discussion I expect a the next new post that you have not viewed to be highlighted in the blue/grey color.

I'm not sure if my explanation will help you or confuse you more. The intention of the different color is to indicate a placeholder of sorts.

Does this explanation help?

thanks @Keyai ......that is pretty much what i said a while back in this thread, but i am not sure i explained it as well as you did! happy saturday!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein