Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some people on Facebook post photos of food they're about to eat or are eating?

@Sooner  That's what I meant.  There were people in her pics along with the food as the focal point not just the plate/table.  Trust me, we're Italian.  There was more food than people in the house at all times and that takes some doing in a Roman Catholic household.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some people on Facebook post photos of food they're about to eat or are eating?

so am i @shoptilyadropagain !

i do enjoy seeing and posting food photos and recipes.....primarily on instagram, but sometimes on facebook. i am a part of groups on facebook that share recipes, hints, food photos, drink recipes and photos. i was especially busy during the holidays. Smiley Wink my guess is is that if anyone DIDNT enjoy seeing my photos or posts they would either hide my posts or unfriend me.....which i have no problem with!

i agree.....it is especially great to see foods from restaurants in the area.

my daughter is also a foodie AND has a food blog so she is one of those people who are ALWAYS taking photos in restaurants, at home, and when she is out and about.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

boredom 

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

People tend to post things that they themselves find interesting.  If they like seeing the foods and presentations that others post, then they are likely to also post pictures of their food. 

There are lots of posts on Facebook that don't interest me, so I scroll on by. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

If I spent an entire morning baking or cooking for a special event and it turned out pretty okay, I'll take a picture and maybe post it if I want to be proud of myself.  Normally I just keep it in dropbox for me.

I so agree with people not putting down their phones and just enjoying a party or other special moment.  You have a memory.  Use it.  Menus are not keepsakes.  

I never once, not ever, remember my grandparents telling me about the good old days and deciding to list off all the food they had at so and so's party back in the day.  It's just not that impiortant.  Instead, they told us about the people and what they did.

One of my grandmother's at the end of her life had 40 some photo albums she created and put together.  This is before digital so we're talking developed film pics and the spiral bound plastic lift and press albums.  

I have gone through every single one of those photo albums.  Aside from a birthday cake here and there, she captured what she felt was most important during her lifetime, her family members.      

Sure they are. We have a movie theater in town that also serves dinner. For special events, like a big movie premiere, they have special menu themes and items. I always keep those menus.

Yes, I agree menus are keepsakes.  I still have all those from when I traveled as a child on a ocean liner.  I also kept the menu from a special winemaker's dinner when I was a guest at a winery.  

Menus are indeed keepsakes.

Well-shot photos of meals are beautiful.  I agree that sloppy photos of messy meals are not appetizing, but beauty is beauty whether of a sunset, a human being, a tree, or a dish of food.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
QVC Customer Care

@CardinalGirl So sorry your post was deleted along with the previous, my apologies!!

Susan 

Honored Contributor

Over-sharing-- l just can't stand it!! That's one of the reasons l don't do Facebook, along with privacy concerns.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

I frequently see people posting photos on Facebook of their elderly relatives on their deathbeds in hospice with tubes coming out of them from every which way, so a photo of the pretty birthday cake someone baked doesn't bother me.  Every six months or so I'll take a photo of something I cooked to put on my page, but it's always something very artistic and appealing.  I've never taken a selfie or aired my dirty laundry there, but if I see a striking image, I like to capture and share it.  

Respected Contributor

I don't mind it that much because I don't look at everyone's Facebook posts anyway.

For famous people and really anybody I like looking at Instagram instead.  I just scroll thru the photos and ignore most of the comments.   People really take some digs at that one former qvc host you know who I'm talking about and I think she posts food photos because she probably gets it free.