Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do posts go off the subject or turn mean?

@proudlyfromNJ  Out of curiousity, how many times were your posts deleted before you were banned? I still don't understand this banning process. Cannot find any rules or regulations on it. Just what I read from other posters. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed a few snide, little political jabs and insults embedded right in this thread.

But I'm not going to report them....Not.My.Job

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

The mods are here to help with this. Some major offenders I no longer see here. 

That’s true @RetRN, but maybe we should all make the effort to point it out to the mods if they miss a post like that. They have a tough job & we could help. 

I know of no one who respects a tattle tail.

When you do someone's job for them it implies that they're not up  to the task.

There is a difference between helping someone do their job and doing "someone's job for them".

Speaking for myself if I were part of a team of perhaps 5 and was expected to monitor more than a thousand posts a day across multiple forums, in addition to other duties, I would appreciate some help flagging inappropriate posts.  I would also appreciate insight into what others find inappropriate rather than relying solely on my own interpretations.   Of course I would not encourage vengeance reporting nor petty reporting nor attempts to "do my job" for me.

A little help would free me for other duties like complaint resolution, helping with customer service problems, answering customer questions and who knows what else.

But, that's just me.  I am not superwoman.

Thank you @Marp. That’s all I meant by “pointing out”. The mods do often miss snarky, off subject, political/religious posts. Helping them out once in awhile is not being a tattle tail. In my mind, it only helps our threads move along more smoothly. 

@Shanus

I for one am sick and tired of people trying to sneak in political posts!!!  Its not allowed here and there are plenty of other Forums to talk about politics!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

It surprises me how someone can post and the responses that follow did not get the meaning of the original post and turn it into something else.  Or responses are so hateful.  It is like they can pick apart the topic and find something so negative to rage about.  I saw one post about the decline of home shopping and then it became out the original poster being disrepectful about the older generation.  I come on here to listen to different points of view and to get reviews and helpful information.  

This question had been asked since the beginning of these boards.  It won’t stop. People have opinions.

Yes. Only I think it's been asked about human interactions since the beginning of humanity. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

They also say if you keep reporting posts you will be banned. I think some they do, but others...I think whatever the reporting posters says like political, rude, mean, etc. they just poof with that explanation. I don’t think,they check,them all out at all. @dooBdoo

You’re probably right, @proudlyfromNJ.   I also feel it’s inconsistent and confusing. 

@dooBdoo.  Just wanted you to know things that have happened to me. I was banned for political and the other political persons post is still there. Why is that??

I'm sorry that happened to you,  @proudlyfromNJ.   Your posts are interesting and I've never seen you post anything I could imagine someone reporting (or the moderators seeing and removing, much less considering your comments "ban-worthy").   I don't know the answer to the "why," but I can say I've seen it again and again with certain posts removed and others left to stand -- it's happened with my own posts, and I found it puzzling.  eta:  You always could email the moderators to ask about it...  they've always been responsive and courteous when I've submitted questions to them.    At any rate, I'm glad you're here now.❤️

@dooBdoo @proudlyfromNJ

Thats a frustrating part of this Forum---INCONSISTENCY!!  That could be due to each Mods personal opinion in evaluating the post--even though its political if everyone is "playing nicely" and most have the same opinion so they let it go--and all that does is send a mixed message and confuses everyone---well that person's political thread was allowed to stand, so it must be OK so Ill write one too---but then that thread gets closed, just adding more confusion----The Mods and everyone should just adhere to the prohibited topic rules---It makes things run more smoothly!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”