Trusted Contributor

Re: Why do people wear clothes that are too small for them

@VanSleepy

That is such a cute story about your mom!  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG--I do remember the early poly knit dresses and tops--they showed up first at Bergdorf Goodman and Henri Bendel in years when I was a NYC student and couldn't buy but sure could look.  I don't think they shrank in the wash because I think back then they were dry clean only.  They were very thick.  Were these also the early Missonis?

The good stretchy knits are still very pricey, but being poly they last forever.  I have a top I bought for almost $200 in a fit of madness circa 2000 that I still wear every week--and the cost per wear by now must be pennies, plus it still looks brand new. 

On the "wearing it tight" look.  It is just a look, now.  People have decided to like their bodies, and I think that overall that's a great thing.  Enough with the body shaming and the "wear a tent"! 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

One thing that baffles me is why some women wear their blazers too tight and buttoned up!    

I'm uncomfortable just watching them ... it looks like they're wearing a straight jacket .... and it ISN'T flattering!

@Tinkrbl44*****I think the old saying "I'm going to get my use out of it" for what they paid for it is still around.

As far as the  tightness of the blazers, hormones?

Where do you see people with buttoned blazers?  I never do.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Even if I thought it, it's not my business nor is it anyone else's what someone chooses to wear!!  I don't get the reason for this post.  To state:

"Why don't people wear the right size?   Do you know anyone  who does this?  Tell us about them"

Why??!!  This is a "friend" ? 

@Pook****This is way, way, over reacting.

It was a simple question about what we all see.