Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do I have people posting on my facebook....

@chiclet, I love Marketplace.

Honored Contributor

I have had FB for years and have never received anything from any of the QVC hosts even though I have "Liked" QVC.  So, having any sort of affiliation with QVC there or even here shouldn't cause that. 

As far as friend requests go, there's a bunch of weirdos out there that go around friending people they don't know.  Or it could be someone trying to gain access to your account most likely to either try to hack you or send stuff to your friends.  I just ignore people I don't know.  You'll get fewer of those requests if you go into settings and make stuff private, including your friend lists, birth date, and where you live.

If there's something you don't want showing up in your newsfeed there are three dots in the top right corner of every post.  Just click on the 3 dots and choose the option you prefer.  Doesn't work for Sponsored posts.  While it might get rid of that Sponsored posts, Facebook will continue to send you more.  

@SharkE, I'm not sure why you weren't able to post.  There is no requirement for emoticons or anything.  Just type in the comment box and hit Enter.

Honored Contributor

My comments just sit there. Nothing to click on to send it thru

I hit my own keys, nothing goes out. Beats me.

I've managed to get some stuff sent to Venable and Goben from sharke

most of the time I just give it up

Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can still like them or a friends page but if you unfollow them, you wont see these updates! I do this alot. Can still have the friend or like the page but no update stuff. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you so much.  I unfollowed them and poof it was gone....If they sent some big announcement like new job, marriage, death etc. it would be okay.  I but telling me there is a frog in her pond or it is raining outside is not breaking news.

Super Contributor

There are 3 little dots by a post....click on it and a box will come down and you can choose to block whoever it is you don't want to see on your feed.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I started a facebook page with fake name so I could look up things at the marketplace etc. and no one would post on my page.  However I have posts from Lisa Robertson telling me she is in some city or having relatives visit, Mary Beth Roe sending me a picture of fathers day restaurant visit.  I could care less who visits these people or where they eat or anything else about them......How do I get rid of them.  I have no friends list or I would unfriend them.

educate yourself on how to use the settings to get rid of this stuff.

you might have FAcebook linked to the q somewhere

FWIW . I have had a Fbook account for years and have had none of this experience .  drill down into settings and uncheck everything 

I have the securiest and max security settings you can have and I still get all kinds of junk....I've even reported violations to Facebook,doesn't do any good...

The only reason I have Facebook is for Facebook Live Meetings required for work....otherwise I'd not have Facebook at all....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”