Respected Contributor

Re: Why do Hosts say GENUINE LEATHER??

Not sure how accurate this is but it was on ehow

Boot Construction

• The shape of a boot inherently contributes to a different definition of the term "upper." On a boot, particularly those of the cowboy variety, the part that wraps around the foot, the vamp, is referred to as the boot's "lower." The shaft part that follows the shape of the leg is the boot's "upper." The bottom of a cowboy boot is referred to in formal terms as the sole and heel.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

yes. Thanks Gato. It was the toe that peeled, like plastic. If it had said Leather Uppers, I would have known the toe part was not. When I bought the Frye, they told me the whole boot was leather.

Valued Contributor

i RECENTLY BOUGHT MY FIRST ""fox"" leather purse. Or pleather or vegan. it's so cute. It has fringe and some studs. I thought it was leather and the boutique owner told me "" No point in spending a ton of money for trendy purses. I love it!

Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 lulu2 said:
On 1/9/2015 nunya said:
On 1/9/2015 Smaug said:

I agree about the bonded leather. Years ago ShopNBC (now ShopHQ) sold a footrest that was described as "leather". It was not leather but that cheap bonded stuff and started to peel after two years. I complained to SNBC and to my surprise they refunded the cost.

I have boots that were sold as leather, the top layer peeled. When I read the description, it didn't say leather uppers, so I assumed the whole boot was leather.

Doesn't leather upper mean the body of the shoe is leather and not the sole and heel?

This is true for shoes.

I've never seen a description of shoes, boots, jacket, or purse that stated bonded leather. I have seen it used to describe some furniture covering.