Honored Contributor

Re: Why did you guys not tell me about mattress pads?

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at Sun, Oct 4, 2020-12.57.21 PM.png

@Laura14 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 Yes.  I liked it firm most of my life but I now find I am better off softer.  I just laid in bed last night for five minutes in utter bliss. I was so glad my company went home so I didn't embarrass myself.  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@AnnMarie-1 Yes.  I liked it firm most of my life but I now find I am better off softer.  I just laid in bed last night for five minutes in utter bliss. I was so glad my company went home so I didn't embarrass myself.  

Ha Ha, Thanks, great answer!

Honored Contributor

I have always used a fitted mattress cover to protect the mattresses in this house.   Our local sales people always recommend using a mattress cover, and will try to sell you one with your purchase, or sometimes they give you one with your purchase.  

Several years ago we were able to get a mattress replaced under warranty.   We had to submit 2 different rounds of pictures, and the store manager came here to inspect the mattress in person.   That mattress was as clean as the day it was delivered, so he gave approval for the delivery guys to haul it off for us.   If there had been one spot on that mattress, it would've been in our garage until we hauled it off.   

Honored Contributor

donate to womens and childrens shelters.

people out there that don't have a pot

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I literally rolled around like Demi Moore naked with glee at the comfort that is now my bed.  Except I had two twenty dollar bills that I spent on it between my arms instead of her windfall. Talk about joy in bed without a companion.  😄 I had more than a moment. 🥰

So, what other self care/home comfort items are you hiding that I need to know about?  

@Laura14 

What is the Demi Moore reference?   No idea what you are saying.

As for not telling you about mattress pads .... "we" thought everybody knew about these .... lol   Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 

OMG!  TMI?😁

A4FB7149-4D87-4063-8205-4836AFD05BD5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I literally rolled around like Demi Moore naked with glee at the comfort that is now my bed.  Except I had two twenty dollar bills that I spent on it between my arms instead of her windfall. Talk about joy in bed without a companion.  😄 I had more than a moment. 🥰

So, what other self care/home comfort items are you hiding that I need to know about?  

@Laura14 

What is the Demi Moore reference?   No idea what you are saying.

As for not telling you about mattress pads .... "we" thought everybody knew about these .... lol   Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44- The Demi Moore reference is to her scene in the movie Indecent Proposal.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

They are not talking about that type of mattress pad.  They are talking about mattress toppers.  Thick memory foam pads they go on top of your mattress, they come in various thicknesses.  

Trusted Contributor

You know what's even better than a mattress pad? A COOLING mattress pad. I live in Texas and even with ceiling fans and AC I sleep hot. I found a cooling mattress pad by Sealy at Belk on sale, and also found two Sealy cooling bed pillows on sale. OMG talk about heaven! I was just as thrilled with my discovery as @Laura14.

Isn't it amazing how the simple things can bring so much joy?