Honored Contributor

Why did you guys not tell me about mattress pads?

I literally rolled around like Demi Moore naked with glee at the comfort that is now my bed.  Except I had two twenty dollar bills that I spent on it between my arms instead of her windfall. Talk about joy in bed without a companion.  😄 I had more than a moment. 🥰

So, what other self care/home comfort items are you hiding that I need to know about?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Why did you guys not tell me about mattress pads?

I like them also, but, husband didn't said made the bed too high and he's got bad hip and it hurt him to swing up on the bed to get on the pad.

He's short and by the time you got a moderately high mattress and the pad over that it was like climbing on a mountain. I liked it though, but, I can't have nothing .

Respected Contributor

I recently bought a 3” mattress topper from Temper Pedic that I’m really enjoying but for a lot more than two $20 bills 😁.   I saw it as a Big Deal on the Q last month and decided to check the Temper Pedic website which had it on sale for less than the Q and free shipping. It arrived about four days after I ordered it.  My mattress was starting to feel like I needed a new one but when I checked the tag to see the manufacturing date it was only 3 1/2 years old!  That made me start thinking about a topper.  It’s so comfortable!

Honored Contributor

Walmart has them starting at 1 inch thick, 2 and 3.

Think I had the 3, I cut it in half just to keep on my side, but, that didn't work to hard to make the bed, sliding around, etc. gave up like I always do.

Honored Contributor

Mine is not a pad like that.  It's just a fiber cushion which is why it was so cheap.  I am in love.  😍

I had a foam pad a long time ago and wasn't a fan after a while.  It started to hurt me too.  This is perfect.  I am beyond happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE : Buy hubbie a step stool and enjoy your mattress pad.

Respected Contributor

We had one that is now cut into pieces and being used in dog beds. I hated it. It wasn't a cheap one either. It made the sheets not fit or stay on and it was way too soft for me. I guess I'm weird because most people like them. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - you mean like a mattress topper and not a regular mattress pad?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Mine is not a pad like that.  It's just a fiber cushion which is why it was so cheap.  I am in love.  😍

I had a foam pad a long time ago and wasn't a fan after a while.  It started to hurt me too.  This is perfect.  I am beyond happy.

Reminds me of the child's book, The Princess and the Pea.   

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh It's a mattress pad with a cushion attached.  It's the Sertapedic Superior Loft Mattress Pad that I bought.