Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why can't Autumn stay like this?

[ Edited ]

I once read that people often favor the season in which they were born.  I don't know how true this is, but it rings true for me.  Favorite season is autumn and I was born in November.  (Of course, my DH was also born in November, but he loves the summer best.)

Just wondering if any of you who have already responded that you're a "fall lover" were born in this season?

edited to add:  It just occured to me that, among other things, maybe one of the reasons I love the fall so much is because I detest the heat of summer and the fall means those hot months are finally behind me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, we had hot, then rain rain and more rain, then like 2 weeks of Fall, then its been freezing since. Had 8 inches of snow and sleet days ago. No more Fall, goes from hot to freezing in no time in PA.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Move to Arizona. Half the year is autumn.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We got eight inches of snow this week and the leaves are still on the trees

still green, just beginning to turn colors.

Last winter lasted well into spring with a big snow storm, and we had rain, rain and more rain all summer long causing flooding and destroying everything in it's path.  It is predicted that we are going to have another snowy wet cold winter too.

Oh, how I hate cold weather. Autumn, where is autumn?  We didn't see it.

Occasional Contributor

Our Autumn went by in a blink of an eye. ☹️

Trusted Contributor

We had fall -- seems like it started a bit early and then only lasted a few weeks. We've already had one snowstorm that dropped approx 13" and are currently getting more as I type. Winter has definitely arrived. 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I once read that people often favor the season in which they were born.  I don't know how true this is, but it rings true for me.  Favorite season is autumn and I was born in November.  (Of course, my DH was also born in November, but he loves the summer best.)

Just wondering if any of you who have already responded that you're a "fall lover" were born in this season?

edited to add:  It just occured to me that, among other things, maybe one of the reasons I love the fall so much is because I detest the heat of summer and the fall means those hot months are finally behind me.  

Hi, @Citrine1!   Regarding the portion of your post I placed in bold text, autumn is my favorite season by far but I was born in a winter month.   I hope you have (or had!) a happy November birthday!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo....Happy Thanksgiving! Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@dooBdoo....Happy Thanksgiving! Heart

Thank you, my friend!   Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your reply @dooBdoo and yes, I did have a good birthday!