Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why can't Autumn stay like this?

I’m with you on the season.  It goes by much too fast.  I took this photo last week and most of the leaves are gone.  I doubt there will be any left by next week.  It’s always pretty while it lasts.  As I’ve gotten older the seasons seem so fleeting, except winter which seems never-ending.  That’s because I don’t like it of course.    

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

DSC06202.JPG

Honored Contributor

Here it is  Thanksgiving and I am complaining!  Oh my --- sorry!  But this topic I couldn't pass up!!!  We had an absolutely terrible spring --- winter would not let go of us.  Summer --- what summer?  Hardly any warm, dry days.  And fall --- I can count on one hand or less the amount of really nice, true, fall days.  We are experiencing such cold, wet weather.  It has snowed several times already -- though not a lot.  We are sprinting straight into winter.  Lousy weather.  Although I must say, we are blessed and I am thankful (see, I am gving thanks) that we have not had to experience all the terrible weather events that others in the country have had and continue to go through.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

We had the same weather, went from 86 humid degrees to 30's ****** weather I never even got to finish cleaning up my flower beds. 

Esteemed Contributor

Autumn is beautiful here in upstate New York. This year, however, we didn’t have the color that we’ve had in the past because it was especially warm. However, today, Thanksgiving, the high will be 16 in my town. That doesn’t even include the wind chill. Our weather extremes are nuts!

Honored Contributor

Agree with OP. My favorite season had about ten perfect fall days, at best.

Honored Contributor

Autumn is my favorite too and I always wish it was longer with more cool, crisp beautiful fall days with the trees at their peak. We had several, but it seems there are never enough. Summer and winter both last so long, when really, fall could last for six months as far as I'm concerned, with shorter summers and shorter winters. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...