Respected Contributor

Re: Why ask for advice if you already know what you're going to do

@CatLoverDogsTooOh don't you just love people like that. They want you to know how miserable their life is but do not want to change it. They want sympathy nothing more. 

Honored Contributor

For me, when I come here and ask for advice or for opinions from others, I post my topic then I don't heart, uplift or knockdown any of the responses to my topic. I simply say "Thank you" in one single post so no one gets offended or made to feel less important than others. It's just the way I like to do it.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This also happens in life all the time. I have a friend who I keep in touch with through email.She recently emailed me to ask my opinion about the way her new boyfriend was acting.I even emailed back before I responded to ask her if she really wanted my honest opinion.Her response was "I asked you because I can always count on you to tell me the truth".

Well I told her the truth the way I saw it.She didn't like what I said. She accused me of being out of touch because I've been happily married for many years. She even accused me of being jealous of her happiness!! If she was so happy why did she ask my opinion in the first place?

I really believe most folks want you to tell them what they want to hear.They really don't want to hear a different perspective!! 

@NicksmomESQ I agree tell them what they want to hear because Heaven forbid they have to hear the truth. I like Dr Phil's saying "how's that working for you" 

Honored Contributor

I've learned that unless I am privy to the whole context of the incident and have a feel for the parties involved, I should not make any kind of judgment or opinion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1

You don't say where you gave this "advice". I have spent many years here, much of which has been, and still is, on the Wellness Forum on this website. I can count on 1 hand the number of people there that have ever been rude during all those years.

I have told about my many life and death medical related stories, and I have answered many questions asked specifically to me. One thing I never have done, nor will ever do, is give(offer) medical advice.

What I do is relate my many health and physical fitness knowledge with many of the real experiences I have had during many illnesses and physical and mental challenges. Suggestions? Yes. Advice? No. I leave that up to the Medical Professionals.

Sure! I have been called many names over thes years, ones that are neither my "nic", or my real name both of which I put at the end of all my posts. I try to seldom "assume" anything when it comes to posts of any nature, but that is not always successful for me. You might consider posing your experiences with medical, or other devices, as "this xyx" worked good for me. More suggestion than advice. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Some people just like to set you up to shoot you down.

They have issues.

LOL, @QueenDanceALot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Lali1

You don't say where you gave this "advice". I have spent many years here, much of which has been, and still is, on the Wellness Forum on this website. I can count on 1 hand the number of people there that have ever been rude during all those years.

I have told about my many life and death medical related stories, and I have answered many questions asked specifically to me. One thing I never have done, nor will ever do, is give(offer) medical advice.

What I do is relate my many health and physical fitness knowledge with many of the real experiences I have had during many illnesses and physical and mental challenges. Suggestions? Yes. Advice? No. I leave that up to the Medical Professionals.

Sure! I have been called many names over these, ones that are neither my "nic", or my real name both of which I put at the end of all posts. I try to seldom "assume" anything when it comes to posts of any nature, but that is not always successful for me. You might consider posing your experiences with medical, or other devices, as "this xyx" worked good for me. More suggestion than advice. 

hckynur(john)

@hckynut How many times and how many ways do I need to say it was not here. Like there aren't many other forums. It did not happen here. I did not give medical advice someone asked about accuracy of placing a medical device in an area and I answered with my results. I wear mine in the spot she asked about a lot and I get good results. She was rude and basically said how dare anyone say anything else about what her dr already told her. Well for 1 why ask if your going by your Drs advice and 2 her doctor does not wear the device. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2

Really, you opine and never go back? 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me, when I come here and ask for advice or for opinions from others, I post my topic then I don't heart, uplift or knockdown any of the responses to my topic. I simply say "Thank you" in one single post so no one gets offended or made to feel less important than others. It's just the way I like to do it.

@SilleeMee

I do it differently.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Lali1

Sure! I have been called many names over these, ones that are neither my "nic", or my real name both of which I put at the end of all posts. I try to seldom "assume" anything when it comes to posts of any nature, but that is not always successful for me. You might consider posing your experiences with medical, or other devices, as "this xyx" worked good for me. More suggestion than advice. 

hckynur(john)

@hckynut How many times and how many ways do I need to say it was not here. Like there aren't many other forums. It did not happen here. I did not give medical advice someone asked about accuracy of placing a medical device in an area and I answered with my results. I wear mine in the spot she asked about a lot and I get good results. She was rude and basically said how dare anyone say anything else about what her dr already told her. Well for 1 why ask if your going by your Drs advice and 2 her doctor does not wear the device. 

@Lali1

Thank you for your response.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)