Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are posts being removed that do not have anything offensive in them?

Check out the post under fashion from Brittney At QVC entitled Angel's Bridal Shower moved.
Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:
Check out the post under fashion from Brittney At QVC entitled Angel's Bridal Shower moved.

O.K.I see that now, thanks. It wasn't snoop's post, however. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Moved: http://community.qvc.com/t5/Deleted-Posts/Ghostbusters/m-p/1900990#U1900990
This post has been removed by QVC. Although these are quotes from a movie, it specifically refers to religion and religious doctrines for the majority of the post. Follow up posts are also religious in nature. Feel free to restart a general Ghostbuster's thread, with fewer quotes focusing on religion.

I missed the original ghostbusters thread but when I read that I think oh only  so many are allowed to quote focusing on religion but after the quota is reached oh no nobody is allowed to talk about it anymore and everything has to go.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The original Ghostbusters thread, which I created, was about the funny favorite scenes.  The quotes I did was a funny bit from a PG movie that was not focusing on religious dogma at all, but a very funny scene where the Mayor was asking what was going to happen to NY if they didn't do anything with the escaped ghosts.

I have no idea what that thread turned into, as I had to run some errands this morning.   I guess it would have been better to start the thread with the StayPuff marshmallow scene and the sailor quote, because those seem to be allowed.

It is sad that we cannot even have humor on this forum without people turning into something it isn't.  But I just wanted to clarify that, as that was my thread this morning that was removed.  I respect the Q's decision, but I do feel that was a bit heavy handed - however, as I stated, I have no idea what transpired after I posted the original post, so it could have turned ugly.  

if you read what was written, my OP quotes on the Ghostbusters thread was in violation. Not just other members. So, it is unfair to say that I was able to start a thread and then a quota was hit and therefore, removed. . BTW - I doubt people can call Ghostbusters anything BUT a comedy. It is not a religious movie.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

You cannot have a forum that involves topics outside of the QVC shopping experience, and expect that the subject matter won't turn argumentative or controversial.  Let people argue.  Let discussions get heated.  If someone acts like a fool, let the other contributors put the fools in their places.  Perhaps the fools will learn something.  To be hearded around like cattle and scolded like 5 year olds running with scissors does not add to what these boards are supposed to be about.  In case you're wondering, moderators, the boards, like life, are supposed to be a learning experience.  Your intelligent customers don't come here to provoke others or post mindless dribble.  They come here to share ideas and learn.  To allow that dribble, and eliminate posts which are effective and helpful is insulting and displays lack of competence.  You're going to lose more good customers by carelessly eliminating intelligent posts, than you will by eliminating the bigots and morons who troll the boards and pollute positive threads with their raucous muck.

Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

The original Ghostbusters thread, which I created, was about the funny favorite scenes.  The quotes I did was a funny bit from a PG movie that was not focusing on religious dogma at all, but a very funny scene where the Mayor was asking what was going to happen to NY if they didn't do anything with the escaped ghosts.

I have no idea what that thread turned into, as I had to run some errands this morning.   I guess it would have been better to start the thread with the StayPuff marshmallow scene and the sailor quote, because those seem to be allowed.

It is sad that we cannot even have humor on this forum without people turning into something it isn't.  But I just wanted to clarify that, as that was my thread this morning that was removed.  I respect the Q's decision, but I do feel that was a bit heavy handed - however, as I stated, I have no idea what transpired after I posted the original post, so it could have turned ugly.  

if you read what was written, my OP quotes on the Ghostbusters thread was in violation. Not just other members. So, it is unfair to say that I was able to start a thread and then a quota was hit and therefore, removed. . BTW - I doubt people can call Ghostbusters anything BUT a comedy. It is not a religious movie.

Thank you for answering me.   I never meant to imply on how the the thread started because I never saw it and said that.  The word that just stuck in my mind when I read why it was taken down was fewer.  I agree that it was probably taken down because things got ugly.   I also agree  with it seems qvc can be heavy handed when removing posts.   Next time I watch it I'll to pay attention so I can find out what was being talked about.

Honored Contributor

I can't help but feel as though the current monitoring is an improvement over some of the monitoring in the past.
We all know that we have to live within the standards, and this is NOT a public, free-for-all type of board, but I'm starting to find SOME things to like about it.
Esteemed Contributor

I like that the offensive post was removed and not the entire thread.

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

You cannot have a forum that involves topics outside of the QVC shopping experience, and expect that the subject matter won't turn argumentative or controversial.  Let people argue.  Let discussions get heated.  If someone acts like a fool, let the other contributors put the fools in their places.  Perhaps the fools will learn something.  To be hearded around like cattle and scolded like 5 year olds running with scissors does not add to what these boards are supposed to be about.  In case you're wondering, moderators, the boards, like life, are supposed to be a learning experience.  Your intelligent customers don't come here to provoke others or post mindless dribble.  They come here to share ideas and learn.  To allow that dribble, and eliminate posts which are effective and helpful is insulting and displays lack of competence.  You're going to lose more good customers by carelessly eliminating intelligent posts, than you will by eliminating the bigots and morons who troll the boards and pollute positive threads with their raucous muck.

PetrDM,  My home is not full of argumentative talks.  The socials and clubs that I am a memeber are not argumentative in any way.  

So why in the heck would I come to a forum to argue with strangers?  I would leave this forum, and return to a peaceful life.

About time QVC is handling all the insane fights in the forum.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I like that the offensive post was removed and not the entire thread.

I agree and it is a good change for the forums.