Honored Contributor

Re: Why are models in clothes that don't fit?

Free exchanges re: sizes are handy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

Multiply $6.95 by hundreds, if not thousands.

Cha Ching!  Win win. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Actually 9.95....you pay 3.00 to ship out.

I really dislike peplum....isaac m does it too on so many items and it just looks bad.

This TSV is ugly...too tight in chest...sleeves too long on average size models. Amy had them up to her elbows to hide that fact.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the jacket briefly, thought about how it would look on me, gasped, and changed the channel.
Do the math.
Regular Contributor

They say they sold over 30,000 of these jackets yesterday.  I am wondering how many returns they will get once customers try them on.  I thought the jacket looked awful on all of the models and then Shawn puts an "OBI" belt on it.  I can't watch her anyway and I turned it off once I saw her "gushing" over Jill Martin.  I don't see where Jill Martin is this great stylist.  She seems very "stuck on herself" and only cares about what looks good on HER.  QVC you need to rethink this whole GILI line. 

Honored Contributor

I hate peplum as much as most people here hate cold shoulders. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

How ridiculous.  The TSV faux-leather jacket on one model in the very light beige color is left open because it is too small for her.  Who is in charge of the models?  Whoever it is needs to get it together for presentations.

@Katcat1  Most GILI clothing is a tight fit. I wear a 2-4 and can’t wear a 10 or 12 GILI top....way too tight on shoulders, or arms too small or top doesn’t fit around my waist. Really? How much smaller would I have to be? The XS must be for a Barbie Doll.

Honored Contributor

You rarely see a model with the jacket buttoned or zipped ....and the back is usually too tight; they prob only have very small sizes available for the models. If you look at some clothes on QVC.com, some of the models are wearing tops and jackets that look three sizes too big for them! The sleeves are covering their entire hands....go figure
Regular Contributor

I totally agree about models and hosts wearing sizes too small. They pull and gap and smash across the bust and if their motive is to make them look smaller , why?  I have wondered for years who the stylists are for the hosts and models and what are they thinking? 

Honored Contributor

@MaeE wrote:

I totally agree about models and hosts wearing sizes too small. They pull and gap and smash across the bust and if their motive is to make them look smaller , why?  I have wondered for years who the stylists are for the hosts and models and what are they thinking? 

@MaeE.  In Jane's show she said stylist Angelo likes the clothes to fit pretty snug. So I guess he is to blame. They all look bad in the too tight clothes.