Honored Contributor

Re: Why are models in clothes that don't fit?

And it looks dreadful on Jayne!  But then, again, I didn't much care for it on anyone!  I Definitely don't need a double peplum!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I've noticed that in many shows - the jacket is always left open.  Maybe so the model can say she's in a XXS.  Meow!   Smiley Wink

Image result for purfect

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Katcat1  @corita

That's the way its always been and viewers have complained, but a stylist claims it makes people look thinner than wearing something too loose as we were lectured by one of the host, but viewers yelled back--how about something that's not too tight,nor too loose, but just FITS PROPERLY---but we've been ignored...but that only  hurts sales for QVC............The problem is QVC's stylists and designers

------------

Will be curious to see how many jackets are returned!!! 
      That mid hip ruffle sticking out on Jennifer was really the "short tutu" style!!

@corita

Yep, I bet they will be getting lots of returns.....Here's another example of an error by their stylists.....Customers begged for a petite model so we can judge the length of pants, jeans, dresses, skirts, sweatercoats etc etc...so what does the stylist do----the stylist puts the petite model in high heeled shoes---defeating the purpose of having a petite model.....Woman Frustrated

I agree...or they put the pants tucked in boots....or last week with jeans they cuffed them up.....much like when they show tops and cover the models with scarves so you can't tell how long the Vneck is...or how wide the round

neckline is.....will never buy anything that isn't shown properly

Honored Contributor

Because of this thread, I took a look.

Being tall and relatively slender, that jacket would make me look like I was wearing my petite sister's jacket and borrowed it for the day. You would need to be very petite and thin to wear that jacket.... that is the design of it.

I would think that Jill would stop with the ballerina tu tu look. Really odd looking and all the worse when the models and show hosts wear it 3 sizes too small...

Honored Contributor

The first time I saw this jacket it was this morning on Mary.   Now I really like Mary, I think she's very cute but that jacket did not flatter her at all and emphasized a certain part of her anatomy as well as being far too tight. 

On top of that I realized it is a plastic (pleather, faux leather) and perfect for "sweat drenching" even on a cooler day.  

I also don't understand the stylists putting everyone in items far too small for them...  but they consistently do! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

The first time I saw this jacket it was this morning on Mary.   Now I really like Mary, I think she's very cute but that jacket did not flatter her at all and emphasized a certain part of her anatomy as well as being far too tight. 

On top of that I realized it is a plastic (pleather, faux leather) and perfect for "sweat drenching" even on a cooler day.  

I also don't understand the stylists putting everyone in items far too small for them...  but they consistently do! 

I saw her as well, way too small, showed every lump and bump...I have no idea what the Q thinks there accomplishing today with everyone wearing at least one size too small...i don’t get it😯

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

So we can all feel good about ourselves, by convincing ourselves that we wear a smaller size than we actually do!  Smiley LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, one thing I know for sure..........

This jacket, more or less, runs small.

If worn way too tight, It wouldn't be a long-time classic, same with the huge shoulder pads trend way back when.

'Still', if we order our correct size, it could very well be a classic.

Very cute jacket, and it could be very comfortable, if in the right size).  Nice colors, too.

'All in all', I like it.  The Green is calling my name right now.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I'm thinking that the models' and hosts' samples are always sent to them ahead of time.  They have to wear what's available for them to wear on air.  Lots of models in each show. 

Again, it's a nice looking jacket. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Multiply $6.95 by hundreds, if not thousands.