Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are entire threads being killed when you could just remove the problem posts?

The Moderator's notation indicates that it was due to multiple solicitation posts. I wonder how many are tolerated before an entire thread is killed.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why are entire threads being killed when you could just remove the problem posts?

@Johnnyeager wrote:
The Moderator's notation indicates that it was due to multiple solicitation posts. I wonder how many are tolerated before an entire thread is killed.

I didn't see anything like that. I wonder why they do it when they say it's so great at the other place? They must have heaps of posters

Honored Contributor

Ahhh. I only saw the one solicitation post. If there were multiple and I just saw the last one, that would explain it.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@azgal wrote:

That's a good question.

Also why do they take down a thread that refers to one forum but I don't see them taking down threads that refer to HSN which I would think is their competition ?

Where is the fairness in that?

Doesn't QVC own part of HSN?

Liberty Interactive owns QVC and 38% of HSN. LINK

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole story is that last night that thread had multiple posts removed due to the
mods explanation of deleted posts being reposted and mean
spirited remarks and I guess the mods got tired of all the standards
violations and poofed the whole thing.

But there WERE explanations for EACH poofed post last night
we just can't see them now.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

It has been made abundantly clear that the mods will not tolerate solicitation to another chat board.  It should come as a surprise to no one when those kinds of posts are removed. 

Repeated postings of the solicitations are now just a flagrant nose-thumbing at the mods.  I wonder how long they will tolerate it?

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

The whole story is that last night that thread had multiple posts removed due to the
mods explanation of deleted posts being reposted and mean
spirited remarks and I guess the mods got tired of all the standards
violations and poofed the whole thing.

But there WERE explanations for EACH poofed post last night
we just can't see them now.

Thank you for clarifying. This makes me sad and wistful for the days (just two weeks ago) when things were not so militant around here. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be construed as an attempt to lead posters to another forum

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome gardensla it is confusing if we don't see the
whole play by play in a thread.

But even though it's not "PC" to say this IMHO we as posters need to take
responsibility for flagrantly violating the Standards over and over
it's not just the mods at fault and I wonder when the ax will
start to fall and banning starts.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

You're welcome gardensla it is confusing if we don't see the
whole play by play in a thread.

But even though it's not popular to say this IMHO we as posters need to take
responsibility for flagrantly violating the Standards over and over
it's not just the mods at fault and I wonder when the ax will
start to fall and banning starts.

I hear you and I hope they do ban posters who repeatedly take down good threads by promoting that other site. While the thread in question wasn't all that complimentary to the Q, the topic (the downturn in traffic) was a fair one, at least in my opinion.

I think part of the problem is that while some standards are obvious--such as not advertising another forum or posting about politics or religion--others are unclear and pretty subjective. Posts that are snarky, even sometimes bordering on not nice, were allowed just two weeks ago--now posting something similar gets you a smack on the wrist or outright poofing.

While I don't have much experience in the Viewpoints/Community chat forum, I will say that before this new fine-tooth-comb moderation began, in other fora where I have participated, we pretty much worked out our differences or put each other on ignore and moved on without moderation. Are we supposed to read the minds of the newly-coronated moderators to determine what they think is "unkind" "jabbing" or "combative"? 

I'm guessing its a matter of those of us who post here either capitulating or just no longer posting. It would seem there's no middle ground anymore. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat