Honored Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

Esteemed Contributor

Our area masks are no longer required.  So the need to buy more.... not the case.  And also many of us have a large collection, all colors and designs.  What was I thinking! Too many and now I need to store or dump them.  

Respected Contributor

I Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

[ Edited ]

Where I live (and the surrouding communities) no masks are required for fully vaccinated people except in medical facilities.  Private businesses could set their own guidelines, I suppose, but I haven't been anywhere lately where I saw mask wearing.   One checker at WalMart was wearing a mask.  I asked her about it and she said that unless they are vaccinated, a mask is required for the associates.  She said she did not intend to get the vaccination.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

@minkbunny wrote:

Where I live (and the surrouding communities) no masks are required for fully vaccinated people except in medical facilities.  Private businesses could set their own guidelines, I suppose, but I haven't been anywhere lately where I saw mask wearing.   One checker at WalMart was wearing a mask.  I asked her about it and she said that unless they are vaccinated, a mask is required for the associates.  She said she did not intend to get the vaccination.

@minkbunny  Same here in NY. No masks required. Stores can ask that they be worn. So far the two grocery stores my husband has been in everyone wore a mask. I was surprised when he told me, not sure if the stores required it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Because they are everywhere.  Many states have opened up.  Hardly see anyone wearing one here, only doctor appts.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@minkbunny  Same here in NY. No masks required. Stores can ask that they be worn. So far the two grocery stores my husband has been in everyone wore a mask. I was surprised when he told me, not sure if the stores required it. 

@proudlyfrom NJ   Probably why the positivity rate is so low now in NY.  Last I heard, the 7-day rolling average was 0.7% in the state and 0.5% in the city.  People understand the importance of wearing masks and other precautions. Excellent!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

They are not in demand or needed anymore.  People that spent money on the fancy cloth ones I feel sorry for them.  

They most likely will not be accepted at used clothing stores.

Just my opinion here folks.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Masks are not required here in KC except in certain situations. I still wear mine daily but few do. I don't know when I will feel comfortable enough not to wear one. I don't go out much anyway. I don't need to buy more at this point. I honestly feel that wearing a mask last winter wasn't a bad idea in itself. No colds or flu. Besides if people are going to need a booster, how many people will think it's not necessary and we'll be back in bad place this winter. I'm hanging on to mine.   

Esteemed Contributor

Kroger's signs are not vaccinated to wear masks. It's strange to see all the adults w/o masks and the little ones wearing a mask. 

Thete was always huge numbers of death annually with Influenza, except for this year. With the number of Influenza deaths, masks should be considered in flu season. Also, the numbers of the flu vaccine was great. I'm a flu vaccinator, and I cannot remember the last time I ever had a cold. Of course all my life, I've been an extreme hand washer.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2 

@Pearlee, just curious, but did you mean to notify this poster here on a thread from February?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland