Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am seeing so many places where masks are drastically reduced. The latest two places where I noticed this was at Nordstrom Rack (cloth reusable ones) and Big Lots where a 50 pack of 3-ply disposable masks have a clearance price of $9.99. 

I wonder why? Certainly retailers can't think the end of mask wearing is in sight just because people are starting to get vaccinated?  The two places I named above are just the latest places where I've seen masks appearing to be cleared out.

I expect we'll be wearing masks for many more months so I am not understanding all the mask sale prices as if they are being cleared out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

Probably just that masks are more readily available everywhere now.  At the beginning, it was difficult to find them, not now.

I can buy a box of 50 (good quality) disposable masks at Sam's Club for $8.98 now.  And just about every retailer has cloth masks.  Supply brings down the price.

Respected Contributor

Most people already have a supply of masks.  They can be washed and reused. We don't really NEED to keep adding dozens more to our stash.  Maybe these mask companies know that and don't want to get stuck with a large amount that they can't get rid of. 

Honored Contributor

Updated designs are being produced so they need to get rid of the less desirable ones.

Trusted Contributor

With more people getting vaccinated masks will no longer be required. I have my second shot scheduled for the 23rd of Feb.☺️

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

With more people getting vaccinated masks will no longer be required. I have my second shot scheduled for the 23rd of Feb.☺️

@Lucylu12. As I stated in my first post, being rid of the need to wear a mask is not something that will occur very soon.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Lucylu12 The vaccines will protect you to some degree (not 100 percent); it may not protect others if you become asymptomic.

Health experts say that we should still take all the regular precautions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Vaccinations do not prevent infection or prevent the spread of the virus from people who get vaccinated. Masks and SD rules still apply. 

Valued Contributor

@Lucylu12, you will still have to mask after your second shot. There is a lag before the vaccine reaches its full effectiveness. Once there, no vaccine is 100% effective. You can still catch Covid. The hope is the vaccine will limit the severity. Most importantly, you might get it and have mild or no outward symptoms but you can still infect others.
Honored Contributor

And COVID is mutating so you can be vaccinated and still get another strain of it.