Honored Contributor

Re: Why Not Just Air One Product FOR 12 HRS STRAIGHT?

@GingerPeach wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I didn't notice this at all because I wasn't watching. I order from QVC often and rarely watch.

Instead or treating QVC like a Law & Order Marathon and expecting it to entertain you if you leave it on all day, try treating it like any other online store.

A lot of the things I buy don't even make it to air, haven't been on air in months, or haven't been on air yet because they are new.

I check the schedule and watch when something I want to see is on. When there's nothing I want to see, QVC isn't on in my house. It might be open on my computer and I might be buying beauty items while some host is showing a vacuum cleaner. That's the beauty of QVC.

They can show whatever they want, but that doesn't mean you have to watch and it doesn't even mean that's all you can see. Go online and you can see whatever you want, when you want.

Don't wait for the TV and content to control you - control the content online.

This whole post bears repeating.   Especially the parts that I just bolded.  Thank you, @ChynnaBlue.

I sometimes hear callers say they've been waiting for a product to be shown again on television.  I have never understood why they don't just go to qvc.com and order it directly.

I will cut some slack for callers because I think a lot of them are older and are less internet savvy. But I obviously won't cut that same slack for customers who come here to post in the forums because it's pretty clear they are aware that this site is an option. Smiley Happy

But yes, absolutely. I don't wait for something I want to air again, I come look for it and check to see if there's a video available so I can watch the presentation if I need help deciding or want more information.

Sometimes something I want hasn't aired and I do want to wait for it to be presented so I can learn more or see a demo, but that doesn't mean I watch TV all day waiting for it. I just check online again to see if a video has been uploaded.

Esteemed Contributor

Please quit assuming old people are not in the know or on the internet.  I am 6months shy of 80'  I am very active and fix my own computer when It crashes..    I Also have a Kindle and know how to work my SMART TV.  I am not afraid t o push buttons.   I know how to think and reason.  Eighty is the New fifty.

True some Seniors do not use electronics, but they are not stupid.  We have lived a long time and things that seem new today, are not.  Ideas and stuff recycled from days of old.

The studies they do today, we could have t old them and saved money for a better use than their stupid studies.  Also every young person is a LIFE COACH today.  They have not lived life yet.  Hire an older person as a LIFE COACH.  THEY LIVED IT.

Ask your Grandmother or Great Grandmother for Life,s advice'

Honored Contributor

A lot of us still turn the Q channel on while we are working in our homes.  It used to be such that while I was dusting or doing the laundry I would see a pair of earrings, 14k and a great price and drop what I was doing and order them!  Same with Denim & Co.... and other brands.  I didn't AND DON'T turn it on "for entertainment" although I've been entertained.... I  turned it on to help fill an empty house while I did my housework..... and it was fun and enjoyable.  And now, unfortunately, it's not.

To stop doing my work and go on-line is something I also do (as evident of my posting here), I also shop other on-line retailers, but some of us still have the habit of turning on the Q and letting it run in the background.... until recently, hence the complaints.... And apparently I'm not the only one complaining!  So yes... my habits ARE changing. Now I'm listening to music or talk radio (not a Bose).... or put in a favorite movie while I'm buzzing around my home.  Then I check out the website, check out the schedule, and check out the forums...... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Huh, but I thought that's what they were doing...

Wait, they must be. Come on, they are.

Every time I turn past the channel, you know, without stopping, I see the same thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Go online ladies.

Just check their schedule and  actually watch the shows that interest you.

I really do not know which is worse - their programming or the complaining about their  programming. 

The worst of all is someone complaining about someone complaining about the programming.  Just as you suggested with the program guide, you can check the title of the post and don't click on, or bother replying to, ones that annoy you. 

What are the forums for, if not to share our opinions? I agree with the OP. 

Frequent Contributor

I vote for the Little Giant ladder. Doesn't everyone want a ladder for Christmas?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sally in philly wrote:

I vote for the Little Giant ladder. Doesn't everyone want a ladder for Christmas?

Great idea... I hear next year they're planning to have Ripka encrust one with Diamonique, sell it for four times the price of a 'non-couture' ladder and market it as the Madison Avenue ladder... You know, for those seeking the higher end gifts, which, incidentally, seem to be seriously lacking...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...