Honored Contributor

Re: Why Nearly 46% of Households Still Have Landlines

@kibbi. We're in a large home as well. With our land line, I can use the intercom feature. More importantly, my husband still needs to be able to receive faxes to his home study. 

I guess we won't be giving up our phone until he retires and/or we downsize.

Esteemed Contributor

I kept a land line as my husband refuses to get a cell phone....however, last week Verizon was installing lines in our new Town Center building.   I could not make outgoing calls on my cell phone....no one could explain it!   My sister is quite ill in a different state and my niece called on both my cell and land line....I was glad to have it. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't had a landline in at least over a decade.

My Fitbit is synced to my phone, so it vibrates and notifies me if someone is calling, so I don't even need to be in the same room as my phone if someone is calling.

I hate how landlines ring throughout the house and wake everyone up when someone calls early or late.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I hate to have extended conversations on a cell phone.  The quality stinks.  I have a corded phone in my office with a regular headset.  It works during storms, it is easy to hold, etc.  I will never give up my landline.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my landline & will never give it up !!

Respected Contributor

We still have a land line for no other reason that habit, complacancy, and generalized laziness.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Stopped using my cell phone for my main phone.  Hooked up to a land line and am happy with it. 

I hate to carry a phone around with me and I also hate to have to charge it all the time.  I just don't see the point in having a cell with me.  I do take my trac phone in the car when I go somewhere in case of emergency with the car, but otherwise I just use my land line. 

Ok by me .....

Honored Contributor

I have the Comcast three services deal.  That's two connected phones (the outlets were already here), the TV, and my Internet.  One thing I really like about the phone is when a call is coming in, the number shows up on my TV screen, so I don't even have to bother to answer it.  I also have an extension in the kitchen.

I have a flip phone cell which I use only for texts, which is how my girls and grandchildren communicate.  I don't ever give the phone number on that phone out (only my family has it), so I don't get calls on it.  I am always home, so the connected phones are what I use 100% for incoming and outgoing calls.

I take the cell phone with me just for emergencies when I go out, that's it.  I have no interest in tech devices other than my computer which I grew with from the early eighties.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl Our plan is only 7 years old and it definitely requires we have a landline phone. If we would need to open our gate without the remote we have a code we can put in and open the gate. I use it often when I am out on my golf cart.

Honored Contributor

They will have to pry my landline out of my cold dead hands.

I work from home a lot and I need a good quality phone line.  Our work phones have moved to VOIP and the quality is awful and when the internet connection is having issues or overloaded, the calls drop or voices go in and out.  Everyone is complaining.  When people join calls from their cell phones all  you hear is the crackling and popping and if they are not on mute you hear all kinds of background noise when they are talking.

I have the Philips phones from Costco and my cell phone is paired to my landline, so if my cell phone rings, I can answer it on any phone in the house.

My neighborhood is on Nextdoor and Facebook and there is a post a week asking if Fios is down.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN