Super Contributor

Re: Why Julian Lennon did not attend Beatles 50th Anniversary Celebration

On 2/17/2014 bikerbabe said:

Yoko is one strange lady.

Loco Yoko is what my sis and I used to call her. She had some indefinable spell over John. Wonder if they would be together had he not been killed?

Super Contributor

Julian Lennon was a good kid, he tried for a looooong time to have a somewhat normal relationship with his dad but Yoko blocked it. After John died, she blocked a relationship with his brother. I imagine after Sean grew up he finally was able to have a close relationship with his brother.

I remember looking at several NYC news reports after Jon Lennon died, he left everything to Yoko and she never sought out Julian to foster him nor share in the wealth.

Honored Contributor

I wondered why he wasn't there! My DH is a huge Beatles fan, more so than me, and he didn't want to watch it, he felt the same way Julian did! I only watched to see Paul & Ringo together (they were the Beatles) and that is what I wanted to see!

Contributor

He sounds bitter. But I'm glad he has a relationship with his brother.
Respected Contributor

Assuming it is true that Yoko manipulated and schemed to keep John away from his son, what does that say about John himself? How many of us would stay married to an individual who was so cruel? If there were issues between John and his son, it was up to John to fix them.

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2014 QVC Shopper said: He sounds bitter. But I'm glad he has a relationship with his brother.

The interview I saw (it can be googled) did not come off as his being bitter at all. In fact, I was amazed at how accepting he is of what happened to him. He has a family, his photography which, as I said, is very well received, and seems to be a fairly contented man.

John Lennon was a genius . . . and many geniuses are not mentally and emotionally equipped to deal with a normal life. Perhaps Julian realizes that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I follow Juliana on Facebook and he posts very positive writings and his photography. Never speaks ill of John or Yoko and has probably only mentioned him 1x on the anniversary of his death, stating that he only wanted peaceful comments. He is a very peaceful person, loves his mother, and has many charities, one of his big ones being seeking sources for clean water to those countries that have none. I love his FB posts and seeing how he has become his own man and not in the shadows of his father. I also read he was on a water project when they had that Beatles special.
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2014 mgm2 said:

Julian Lennon was a good kid, he tried for a looooong time to have a somewhat normal relationship with his dad but Yoko blocked it. After John died, she blocked a relationship with his brother. I imagine after Sean grew up he finally was able to have a close relationship with his brother.

I remember looking at several NYC news reports after Jon Lennon died, he left everything to Yoko and she never sought out Julian to foster him nor share in the wealth.

Exactly!! Correct...

as far as what this says about John...he was a jerk to many in his circle. Not a good father at all. He was not a stay at home Dad either...baking bread...he was in a drug infused stupor much of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 2/17/2014 QVC Shopper said: He sounds bitter. But I'm glad he has a relationship with his brother.

The interview I saw (it can be googled) did not come off as his being bitter at all. In fact, I was amazed at how accepting he is of what happened to him. He has a family, his photography which, as I said, is very well received, and seems to be a fairly contented man.

John Lennon was a genius . . . and many geniuses are not mentally and emotionally equipped to deal with a normal life. Perhaps Julian realizes that.

ITA, ford.

John had his demons which in no way minimizes his genius

Contributor

On 2/17/2014 croemer said:
On 2/17/2014 mgm2 said:

Exactly!! Correct...

as far as what this says about John...he was a jerk to many in his circle. Not a good father at all. He was not a stay at home Dad either...baking bread...he was in a drug infused stupor much of the time.

This I agree!