Honored Contributor

Re: Why I Shop Amazon and not B&M

I just don't often find what I need in local stores, even when I take the time to get assistance from an employee, who can't usually find the item, either. 

so when I get out to my car, I open up the amazon app, find what I'm looking for, and it's at my door, a day or two later 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why I Shop Amazon and not B&B

I think Walmart shoppers are willing to overlook disinterested employees and all the other things that come with Walmart so they can pay less for things. I detest Walmart but sometimes must go there just to get something I can’t find elsewhere. They now have robotic sweepers that travel the aisles....and workers who sit and talk on their iPhones.....such a study in contrast!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had only one bad experience on Amazon but I am not a prime member and try to avoid Amazon now. I ordered a used book from a seller and the shipping was extremely slow...but it arrived in good shape so no biggie. I began getting phone messages from the seller demanding that I post a 5 star review or he wouldn’t be allowed to sell any more books on Amazon. He called repeatedly and I blocked his number. It was scary, actually. I didn’t do a review at all..if I order on Amazon now, it is from a store or another company I recognize.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why I Shop Amazon and not B&B

I have lived in small towns my entire 36 years of marriage and to me WM is a godsend.  I remember my CA small town prior to WM.  Small businesses usually didn't stay open past 6pm and closed one Sundays and holidays.  Prices were higher and selection minimal.  Yes, WM has its downsides but can be a lifesaver when you lack choices.  That said, I love Amazon and Ebay!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I have had only one bad experience on Amazon but I am not a prime member and try to avoid Amazon now. I ordered a used book from a seller and the shipping was extremely slow...but it arrived in good shape so no biggie. I began getting phone messages from the seller demanding that I post a 5 star review or he wouldn’t be allowed to sell any more books on Amazon. He called repeatedly and I blocked his number. It was scary, actually. I didn’t do a review at all..if I order on Amazon now, it is from a store or another company I recognize.

@lovesrecess, I buy hoards of books on Amazon, many from outside sellers, and have never encountered anything similar to what you did. I usually forget to post a seller review. I'm sure it was a freak kind of thing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I too have had one bad experience.

I involved a clothing item.

It came directly from China. Chinese writing on the envelope.

Amazon would not honor return.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I have to agree.  No matter what the size, color, quantity, you can get it on amazon.  Sadly this is true.  I got so sick n tired taking 2 hours to drive up and back to mall, fight for parking, then search through racks of stuff with no assistance.  To only not find the size and color I needed.  With amazon I just Go online,log on,search, select, order, and get  it next day or two. 

even Nordstrom online has been a pain lately.  Since sept 15, they have cancelled 11 items that have been on my cart at different times.  They are available when I order,  i dont even get a notice its cancelled until I get a shipping notice.  Items come one by one, some taking up to two weeks to deliver.  My last overnight delivery took 11 days.  Just to get  refunded the fee of 20 bucks took a 20 minute phone call.  I have been shopping Nordies for 31 years.  I am Ambassador level, so its not like I am a casual customer. This is what I experience.  A few times I got so fed up with their sizing not being available I was able to go to amazon to purchase the item.  It was shoes amd hanky panky underwear.  

Honored Contributor

My time is important and more important than cost.  I usually want something very specific, I will buy it on Amazon vs going to a variety of stores to try to find the exact thing I am looking for.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE to shop, and do a great deal of it online. The convenience, and sometimes significant savings, are just too good to pass up. I placed an order for groceries this evening, ahead of the upcoming snow event. Lately, I have been doing a little shopping at B&M stores because of some amazing deals. Just this evening, it was reported on the news that our area will lose several Macy's in the coming months. It just saddens me to see such an iconic department store, finally succumbing at least in part, to the multi-billion dollar e-commerce industry. I know it is inevitable, but Macy's evokes such happy memories for me. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I have bought many books from Amazon and was the only time I had any problem at all. The seller told me Amazon required sellers to have x number of top reviews or they were dropped as a seller or they charged them more money. I had no idea. I rarely do reviews unless something iseems like a rip-off. Fortunately, I don’t have to do that very often.