Honored Contributor

Re: Why I Like But Don't Believe in "Free" Shipping

@Judaline   If you think you're getting items here with free s/h sometimes you are not. You know this by how much you're paying for these items. The price goes up to offset "free s/h". It has to, there is no free s/h here.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   Amazon's 3rd party s/h is so stinking high because these items are coming straight from overseas which is why they also take so long to get to you. If you shop there, it is imperative to not only note the vendor/company name but where the itesm are being shipped from. If they're not coming directly from amazon warehouses to get to me in one to three days or so,. or as long as they're being USA shipped, I'm good

Esteemed Contributor

Many, many of us have noted that the items we were tracking and monitoring did not go up on a free shipping day.

That has been my experience on multiple occasions.  If the price were to go up more than my S/H savings, I would not purchase.

Seems like some go up, some go down, many stay the same.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Judaline   If you think you're getting items here with free s/h sometimes you are not. You know this by how much you're paying for these items. The price goes up to offset "free s/h". It has to, there is no free s/h here.

Sure, but what I'm saying is, every site sells these items for the price I'm paying-but I pay no shipping.

Honored Contributor

I know it's all a game - pretty much everything is these days!  But if I think a price on something is really reasonable and then it says - free shipping --- then I will go for it and be glad!  

It's the same thing, really, with sales.  I used to go to stores when I got sales flyers, and these were stores that I shopped at all the time --- so I was very familiar with the prices on their items.  The regular prices were jacked up and then they had the sale price put on it, or the coupon to make a person think that they were getting a deal!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Nothing in this world is free.