Respected Contributor

Re: Why Does It Seem Like More People Die At The End Of The Year?

My opinion is that when the man above who is in charge decides that I have fulfilled my purpose here on earth, then that is my time to go. When it's your time, it's your time, no matter what time of year it is.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't seem odd to me.  Fall is a major allergy season, cold weather comes, flu and colds and respiratory illnesses take their toll, the cold is hard on the elderly, etc etc

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76   Interesting and I wonder what the reason is why people tend to pass within three months of their birth. Lots of interesting and possible speculations why this might happen.  My mother passed the day after her birthday.

Honored Contributor

Well, winter is the season for flu, colds, upper respiratory infections, car accidents, falls and some studies show that when people aren't feeling well, they are more likely to put off going to a doctor during the holiday season.  Also, illnesses like heart attacks and strokes can be exacerbated by stress and emotions.  It's a documented fact that more people die in the winter months.