Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Do You Want to be a Princess (OR DO YOU)???

@surfk wrote:

Barbie is hardly exempt from the Princess Psyche Complex though.

In fact, when she's not an astronaut-poet working on her sculptures, she works the pageant circuit like no one else!

(Judging from the video below, she may even be insane!). lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UhXZb4mgA

HaHa.png

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I'd prefer to be Dame Tansy if titles are being handed outSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I would never want to be a princess. As a true introvert, I would not do well with being forced into social situations, nor happy about always dressing the part, or acting as if I were happy about all of it. I am very proud of who I am, and the hard working family I was born into, and would not change anything. I am content, and love my life.
Super Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
I would never want to be a princess. As a true introvert, I would not do well with being forced into social situations, nor happy about always dressing the part, or acting as if I were happy about all of it. I am very proud of who I am, and the hard working family I was born into, and would not change anything. I am content, and love my life.

Another introvert here. Love my life too much to constantly be in the public eye. While I've held leadership positions and am involved in many organizations, they are ones I choose to be involved in...and I have total control over how much involvement. I have a happy balance in my life, and I am very content. No desire to be a princess, actress, singer, or anything else in the public eye.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

Sure, I could be a princess.  My mom used to buy me frilly nightgowns when I was little, and I would walk around pretending I was a princess.  Cinderella and Snow White were my idols.  My first Communion dress...don't get me started!  I had a tiara with a veil... I was over the moon.  I think that's why brides get so gussied up nowadays...they want to feel and act like a princess for a day. Most girls like sparkle and to feel beautiful.  I know there are all sorts of psychological topics that could be brought up about this. My thought is, as long as you're a grounded princess, its ok. Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nahhhhhhhhhhh.  I am the queen. 

All that psycho babble is just a bunch of doo doo.  Every culture and ethnicity is different as are the families within them.  It's too complex to just make a blanket statement and claim it for one and all. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I always took the word Princesses as meaning all girls/women should be treated kindly and with respect (of course). I don't take it to mean money, being waited on, spoiled, or snooty, etc.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles