Valued Contributor

Why Do You Want to be a Princess (OR DO YOU)???

[ Edited ]

Sort of related to the Cinderella Syndrome is perhaps the broader "umbrella disorder" (lol) of the often common female desire to be a princess.

One wonders why that is? Whether it comes with a tiara Smiley LOL or not, the desire (sometimes no matter how denied or suppressed) is at play in the lives of many girls & women.

Despite all the leaps females have made in self-realization these past few generations, there remains some nearly innate desire to be a princess (within).

In fact, while the term "princess" has come to be somewhat taboo when referencing certain traits or desires (or women), it was actually  - in practical terms anyway - merely replaces by the word "diva", in my opinion.

I mean, a diva once solely meant a woman worthy of commanding attention and exerting her power - often boldly. But in a sense she is just sort of a more assertive princess in the end.

It seems that with so many opportunities available to them, girls still fantasize about being some variety or another of a princess. A bit more in charge than snow White maybe (but sometimes not). There definitely is something more at work as girls want to embrace the concepts of princessdom without being considered to be a princess.

Its a PRINCESS PSYCHE COMPLEX, I tells ya!!! lol

Its a struggle one sees even with little girls still. They're often so naturally drawn to something about what it means to be a princess. Much like one can't always explain why a lot of boys are just "naturally" taken to a dump trunk.

It isn't that little girls are raised to be pampered necessarily. And they're offered a world of (non-princess) opportunity. Yet so many still choose to spend their developmental years role playing in the part of "princess".

Is it just the pretty clothes? Is it that they are romantics? Is it that somehow - deep down - they really do only want a Prince Charming who will defend and take care of them and fight the evil dragon or outside world for them?

Thoughts?

Princesses suffering from Princess Psyche Complex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtyOC6ayKoU

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do You Want to be a Princess (OR DO YOU)???

The video hurt my ears. What a bunch of caterwauling

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never wanted to be a Princess.   I wanted to be The Queen.

Woman in charge of herself.   Woman in her own right. 

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone want to be member of a outdated royal monarchy?

Honored Contributor

I'd rather be the person in charge of determining who attains 'royal' status.

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The video hurt my ears. What a bunch of caterwauling

That's princesses for ya! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Why would anyone want to be member of a outdated royal monarchy?

Because they get to do the royal wave thing without anyone laughing??

Valued Contributor

missusa.jpg

Respected Contributor

spare me.

I have a pretty full life as it is.

Esteemed Contributor

A Princess??  I AM the Queen in my house and that is the way it will always be because I know everything!!